• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Features In Videowave

BagpiperDude

Question

:blink: I am editing a home movie that I converted to an avi file. When I click on either the "Add Text Effects' option or 'Add Video Effects' option I get a new dialog box that then lets me select a particular effect from a drop-down menu. However, upon selecting a particular option there is a line of text below the dropdown menu that indicates that the option is not available in this view. I have tried several views and have reviewed my manual and I can't seem to get these features to work. I'd appreciate any help. I'm sure I'm just overlooking the selection of some option. Thanks.

3 answers to this question

:blink: I am editing a home movie that I converted to an avi file. When I click on either the "Add Text Effects' option or 'Add Video Effects' option I get a new dialog box that then lets me select a particular effect from a drop-down menu. However, upon selecting a particular option there is a line of text below the dropdown menu that indicates that the option is not available in this view. I have tried several views and have reviewed my manual and I can't seem to get these features to work. I'd appreciate any help. I'm sure I'm just overlooking the selection of some option. Thanks.

Make sure you have selected the timeline view and have selected the proper video track first or the eddects. For text affect, make sure you have selected the text (Click in the text box and right click to select all). Also consider adding the effect or text to the internal track to keep it associated with where you want it.

Perhaps this or this will help

I had similar problems. I reinstalled the software and it seemed to resolve. Usual comments about turning off virus protection, etc during installs applies.

BTW, I have the download version. I reinstalled the main app _after_ I had installed the content. That might be the key thing. So if you have already installed the app and the content, keep the content, uninstall the app, then reinstall it.

Hope this helps. It's kind of a slow install.

Unfortunately it won't let you install content before the program - it has to be done in the correct order.

What happened in your case is that you had the content there when you re-installed - but it won't work if you try that straight away

One thing that has helped with the download version on installation is to manually extract the files from the downloaded .exe (it's a self-extract archive) and running setup.exe from that

Archived