-kenl-

Question

On install of Creator 2009se I get the following error:

Unsigned driver, this version of windows requires signed drivers

Driver: Decryption and Decompression

Service: RxFilter

Publisher: Sonic Solutions

My O.S. is Vista Home Premium (x64) :huh:

I have an open ticket with Roxio, they suggested I turn off UAC. Didn't fix it. From what I can find. with Vista, it's impossible to install a unsigned driver.

Anyone have any ideas.

IMHO Roxio should provide a signed driver. <_<

10 answers to this question

What makes you think it's a Roxio problem?

Try this:

If you use the GEARAspi driver who seems to be install by Itunes... To investigate..

Procedure must be made manually:

Remove any file who began with GEARAspi. You can found them in system32, system32/drivers and sysWow64.

After this, delete any key in registry who began with GEARAspi and the folders names GEARAspi...

That btw is from Microsoft themselves ;)

On install of Creator 2009se I get the following error:

Unsigned driver, this version of windows requires signed drivers

Driver: Decryption and Decompression

Service: RxFilter

Publisher: Sonic Solutions

My O.S. is Vista Home Premium (x64) :huh:

I have an open ticket with Roxio, they suggested I turn off UAC. Didn't fix it. From what I can find. with Vista, it's impossible to install a unsigned driver.

Anyone have any ideas.

IMHO Roxio should provide a signed driver. <_<

There are many posts, in these forums, that indicate success when installing Creator 2009, with Vista (yuck) 64 bit (real yuck), so it looks like, in your case, it is more than likely, something in your computer configuration.

I want to hear from just ONE install of Creator 2009 on Vista 64 then I'll believe it's my problem. BUT if the driver is UNSIGNED, then there IS an issue here. Yes I have a ticket open, yes they acknowledge there is an issue, but they don't have a signed driver.

I want to hear from just ONE install of Creator 2009 on Vista 64 then I'll believe it's my problem. BUT if the driver is UNSIGNED, then there IS an issue here. Yes I have a ticket open, yes they acknowledge there is an issue, but they don't have a signed driver.

Search these forums, and ye shall find the successful installs. ;)

And if YOU go search the forums, you'll discover, I'm not the only ONE with this issue.

An usigned driver is Roxio's issue, period. Until they fix that, I think they are misrepreseting the software as Vista ready. IMHO

Other wise, I like the program and am a long time Roxio user.

Did you search for GEAR?

That btw comes from MS TechNet and that is what causes the problem

I bow to the master, just did the search 9 files/directories found.

What shoould I do with the directories?

This is going to be a mess to clean up.

Remove any file that begins with GEARAspi. You can find them in system32, system32\drivers and sysWow64.

After this, delete any key in registry that begins with GEARAspi and the folder names GEARAspi...

As I said, that came from MS TechNet so I disclaim any credit for that - seems to be a common problem if they posted it ;)

Archived