• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Opening And Running Creator

ccannon27

Question

Ok so I am ready to scream... I bought creator 2009 from a retail store because i was told it was a "great purchase"... I bring it home and have been trying to get it running for 3 days now and to no avail!!!!! I'm still without it because the only thing it installs with teh CD is the backup and the dvd player... no editor or anything else! I have downloaded all the latest updates from microsoft and roxio.. i'm so annoyed i'm ready to return the whole thing and go with another product! any ideas!?! HELP! :angry:

2 answers to this question

Ok so I am ready to scream... I bought creator 2009 from a retail store because i was told it was a "great purchase"... I bring it home and have been trying to get it running for 3 days now and to no avail!!!!! I'm still without it because the only thing it installs with teh CD is the backup and the dvd player... no editor or anything else! I have downloaded all the latest updates from microsoft and roxio.. i'm so annoyed i'm ready to return the whole thing and go with another product! any ideas!?! HELP! :angry:

Did you get any warning messages during the install? Did you have your antivirus or anti-malware programs disabled during the install?

Unfortunately, :unsure: you may have to do a clean (uninstall)/Install. Follow the instructions here for XP scroll down for Vista.

Some people have had a problem that seems to be tied to MS .NET framework 3.5. Read this and see if it applies.

Did you get any warning messages during the install? Did you have your antivirus or anti-malware programs disabled during the install?

Unfortunately, :unsure: you may have to do a clean (uninstall)/Install. Follow the instructions here for XP scroll down for Vista.

Some people have had a problem that seems to be tied to MS .NET framework 3.5. Read this and see if it applies.

Yeah... I didnt' get any errors when installing, and I have done 3! thats right... 3 freaking clean installs and nothing... I'm thinking my best bet is going to be to return the product and maybe try Nero? I tried to set everything on my computer to allow me to run it as the Administrator, and i think i got it, but I'm the only user on it!? I get so annoyed when things like this don't work! I'm trying the second link to see if it helps.... if you can think of anything else PLEASE let me know :) thanks for your help!

Archived