Newbie - Here - Video Uploading....

tommysgirl808

Question

Hi

I am new to this forum - and to the 'uploading' all of my videos... LOL

I have the Roxio 2009 - and I am uploading a video - the video is 9 minutes long ...

Does it normally take more than an hour to upload????

I am actually doing it direcly from the cam corder via the Roxio ...

just curious as to how long it takes?

and any other tips- help - suggestions.... you name it ..

THANKS

4 answers to this question

Hi

I have the Roxio 2009 - and I am uploading a video - the video is 9 minutes long ...

THANKS

Uploading to what? You Tube?

Hi

THANKS

I assume by uploading that you are trying to get the video from the camcorder to you computer and no "uploading" to a file sharing program.

Capturing from a camcorder (digital or analog) should be a 1:1 time frame. If from a disc or memory card, there is no need to "upload." How are you doing it?

If you have a digital camcorder with tape, you must capture using a Firewire connection. If it is a digital camcorder with disc or memory card, you should be able to put those into your computer and use them just like a hard drive (copy the files to you system drive using Windows). If it is an analog camcorder you must use some sort of a analog to digital converter (like a USB device).

It help when you supply more information like Make and model of the camcorder. Standard or high definition? Also a bit about your computer. Operating system, CPU speed, memory, video card/chip, etc. The type of information that is in many people's signature.

Uploading to what? You Tube?

Sorry - I am uploading to Roxio right now -

I assume by uploading that you are trying to get the video from the camcorder to you computer and no "uploading" to a file sharing program.

Capturing from a camcorder (digital or analog) should be a 1:1 time frame. If from a disc or memory card, there is no need to "upload." How are you doing it?

If you have a digital camcorder with tape, you must capture using a Firewire connection. If it is a digital camcorder with disc or memory card, you should be able to put those into your computer and use them just like a hard drive (copy the files to you system drive using Windows). If it is an analog camcorder you must use some sort of a analog to digital converter (like a USB device).

It help when you supply more information like Make and model of the camcorder. Standard or high definition? Also a bit about your computer. Operating system, CPU speed, memory, video card/chip, etc. The type of information that is in many people's signature.

I am uploading to from a camcorder - via usb connection

I have a samsung sc-dx103

Windows XP is my operating system - Toshiba for my laptop which I am uploading too -

I am capturing the video right now - which is 14 minutes long - but I have been capturing it for the past 45 min... does it take a long time???

Usually doesn't work that way - you probably won't have audio since the program would see that as a web cam.

You are capturing (or trying to); not uploading !

Put the miniDVD in your computer's drive and copy the file over. You may have to finalize the disc (camera users manual). Don't try that with a DVD reader that just has a slit to put the disc in unless your computer manual says it is OK.

Alternate - get a USB analog to digital converter device and capture that way.

Does your Toshiba have a model number - does it have the horsepower to run this program. You don't seem to be talkative the a.m.

Archived