• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menus In Mydvd9

Quornhog

Question

I recently bought MyDVD9, having decided it was the best way to upgrade from MyDVD5 LE, which was bundled with my PC.

However, I am disappointed with the menus for the following reasons:

1/ They are very basic. It is possible to change the background and the titles, but that seems to be all.

2/ When I import a MyDVD5 Project, all the menu information is lost. (Even the titles are replaced by the file names.)

3/ There is a button which, supposedly, allows me to download new menu styles, but when I click on it, it just opens a window to the Roxio home page.

So how do I get more menus? Can I create them from within MyDVD9, can I download them, or do I have to buy more software?

(I'm guessing I know the answer already, but we'll see.)

TIA for any tips

1 answer to this question

I recently bought MyDVD9, having decided it was the best way to upgrade from MyDVD5 LE, which was bundled with my PC.

However, I am disappointed with the menus for the following reasons:

1/ They are very basic. It is possible to change the background and the titles, but that seems to be all.

2/ When I import a MyDVD5 Project, all the menu information is lost. (Even the titles are replaced by the file names.)

3/ There is a button which, supposedly, allows me to download new menu styles, but when I click on it, it just opens a window to the Roxio home page.

So how do I get more menus? Can I create them from within MyDVD9, can I download them, or do I have to buy more software?

(I'm guessing I know the answer already, but we'll see.)

TIA for any tips

I have had some luck finding free video loops and audio loops on the net. Download them and sace in a file. switch out the std ones for the new ones you want to use. The only problem I have had so far is if the video loop is shorter than the audio loop, you don't get the whole audio loop to play.

If anyone else know another solution I would like to try it.

Archived