When No Device Is Available To Record A Video

cerise

Hi,

Trying to burn a dvd from sony high 8mm camera, but I find no device available, it came installed on dell desktop windows vista computer.

Any any help would be welcomed

Thank you

Cerise

What software do you have? What kind of camera, analog or digital?

You have not supplied much information to work with. Most likely your OEM software is also not capable of much video work since it will be a crippled version of the full, retail program.

Hi,

Trying to burn a dvd from sony high 8mm camera, but I find no device available, it came installed on dell desktop windows vista computer.

Any any help would be welcomed

Thank you

Cerise

It is a digital 8 , sony handycam DCR TRV-NTSC computer is inspiron desk 531, 32 bit, with upgraded graphics 256 mb by ati catalyst.

The software is easy creator 9 that was pre-installed. What is OEM software?

It is a digital 8 , sony handycam DCR TRV-NTSC computer is inspiron desk 531, 32 bit, with upgraded graphics 256 mb by ati catalyst.

The software is easy creator 9 that was pre-installed. What is OEM software?

OEM software is a software package prepared for a particular manufacturer and is often "teaser" to make you buy the full package. It will usually have several features crippled or disabled.

Does your camcorder have a Firewire connection (Sony calls it an i.Link connection)? Does you your desktop also have such a connection? If yes, then you should not need any further devices as long as your software has the "capture" feature enabled.

Archived