• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Differences Between Toast 10's Physical (em) And Download Esd

bxs

Question

Is there any difference between these two

> Toast 10 Titanium - PHYSICAL (EM)

> and

> Toast 10 Titanium - ESD

as displayed in the online ordering displays.

The downloaded version (ESD) is surely quicker and lacks a shipping charge. However, I wonder if a boxed version PHYSICAL (EM) contains a printed/hardcopy User Manual as well as a DVD disc.

Also, with a download how does one receive the Product ket or Serial number for registration etc ?

Thanks for any feedback.... :)

4 answers to this question

Is there any difference between these two

> Toast 10 Titanium - PHYSICAL (EM)

> and

> Toast 10 Titanium - ESD

as displayed in the online ordering displays.

The downloaded version (ESD) is surely quicker and lacks a shipping charge. However, I wonder if a boxed version PHYSICAL (EM) contains a printed/hardcopy User Manual as well as a DVD disc.

Also, with a download how does one receive the Product ket or Serial number for registration etc ?

Thanks for any feedback.... :)

Boxed version contains a User Manual as well as a DVD disc.

Download version....you will receive email with the appropriate info for registration.

Download version....you will receive email with the appropriate info for registration.

Strongly advise you to browse through the comments regarding Toast 10. I was one of the [un]fortunate ones who purchased and downloaded it the day it was released. Major problems with getting the activation key etc., from digital river. Presumably that's been fixed. Toast 9 worked pretty much flawlessly for me, as did previous versions. I've had nothing but problems with 10, including it somehow trashing the drivers for, or deactivating my two native SuperDrives in an intel Mac. I have yet to get them to even eject (they're empty), much less use them for reading or burning. External burners on both USB and firewire busses seem to come and go, depending on the day of the week. Any differences between 9 and 10 I can see, other than problems, seem to be minor cosmetic / user interface ones. Again, advise you to browse the forum before investing. Hope that nebulous entity Roxio comes up with some heavy patches soon.

I believe the boxed version may also have CD SpinDoctor 6.0.0 for which there is a 6.0.1 update to download from the Roxio site.

It's a good idea if you buy the download version to back up the download so you also have it on disc. Include a copy of the email with the registration key on your backup disc. Also be sure to register because Roxio maintains a page for you with your registration key when you register. Some users lose theirs.

The Getting Started Manual is a pdf file with the download and also is what is opened when you choose Toast Help.

Archived