blackrk5

EMC 8 Label Creator

Question

The EMC 8 Label Creator printing alignment is a step backwards from EMC 7 Label Creator. I have tried unsuccessfully to Calibrate and Fine Tune the location of CD label. I am frustrated with it.

In EMC 7, it was fairly straight forward -- just the horizontal and vertical increments and it worked. I am going back to using it.

7 answers to this question

You're not the only one frustrated with it. I spent almost an entire hour trying to get this stupid label to print. It should be easy! I will not waste any more time and effort on Roxio label making again!

Add me to those disappointed with Label Creator. EMC 7 allowed you to do precise calibrations of your labels-- EMC 8's Calibration tool is a joke.

I don't know about you folks, but in addition to the problems you describe, I can't print 2-up on my disc labels, and I can't print 2-up on my back covers. Every version since 7 has added problems. It's been many months since 8 came out and no bug fixes, apologies, or updates can be found. I can only assume we've been abandoned by Roxio.

The only work-around I've found is to completely DO OVER any covers and labels I've created in earlier versions. I resent having to keep around THREE versions of the same software. It's outrageous and indicates contempt on the part of Roxio that they refuse to fix buggy software. They NEVER even fixed the "lack of scroll bars" problem in 7.5 Label Creator! Now we're stuck with a buggy version 8 with no hope on the horizon.

I agree that this program is lousy but the 2-up problem was fixed several months ago. :) Take a look at the three posts pinned to the top of this board. The third one is the one you want. The first is a work around that you may not need. The second has to do with lightscribe.

I don't know about you folks, but in addition to the problems you describe, I can't print 2-up on my disc labels, and I can't print 2-up on my back covers. Every version since 7 has added problems. It's been many months since 8 came out and no bug fixes, apologies, or updates can be found. I can only assume we've been abandoned by Roxio.

The only work-around I've found is to completely DO OVER any covers and labels I've created in earlier versions. I resent having to keep around THREE versions of the same software. It's outrageous and indicates contempt on the part of Roxio that they refuse to fix buggy software. They NEVER even fixed the "lack of scroll bars" problem in 7.5 Label Creator! Now we're stuck with a buggy version 8 with no hope on the horizon.

Thanks. I didn't notice the pinned post until you mentioned it. That solved that problem.

And also thanks to the several other of you whose name I've seen over the years giving helpful advice.

A few of which are you, GGRussell, grandpabruce, and James Hardin.

You are truly a dedicated bunch and deserve some appreciation.

Paully

Thanks. I didn't notice the pinned post until you mentioned it. That solved that problem.

And also thanks to the several other of you whose name I've seen over the years giving helpful advice.

A few of which are you, GGRussell, grandpabruce, and James Hardin.

You are truly a dedicated bunch and deserve some appreciation.

Paully

Thanks for the kind words, Paully.