djps55

Photoshow Video Engine

Question

:angry2: every time i try to export my photoshows(desktop version) to my computer,i receive this message

cannot activate the roxio video engine because this application has been installed too many times.

windows vista home premium

2gb

avast anti-virus

spybot

ad-aware

any help out there for this problem?

tried roxio support help ticket last week,still no reply.

That is funny because I am running XP Pro on the computer that I have V6 installed. No way would I uninstall my windows software when it works with everything else including v5. It should be compatable with windows.

i checked all of my software and hardware,by running dell support disk,it found no problems,no missing updates.computer shows no problems.

i have 70% open space on harddrive,so available memory or available space not issue.i even uninstalled and reinstalled roxio media 9 suite,three times in last month,making sure to do disc clean-up and restarting computer each time.since they always say it is a activation problem pertaining to account,issue new account numbers and then activate roxio online and roxio photoshow 6. <_<

i checked all of my software and hardware,by running dell support disk,it found no problems,no missing updates.computer shows no problems.

i have 70% open space on harddrive,so available memory or available space not issue.i even uninstalled and reinstalled roxio media 9 suite,three times in last month,making sure to do disc clean-up and restarting computer each time.since they always say it is a activation problem pertaining to account,issue new account numbers and then activate roxio online and roxio photoshow 6. <_<

At this point I am just taking a wait and see attitude and hope that something will be coming out soon. :unsure::rolleyes: Until then I will use 5 or if I use 6 I will go online and choose to have them download an Mpg4 file to my e-mail address.  <_<

At this point I am just taking a wait and see attitude and hope that something will be coming out soon. :unsure::rolleyes: Until then I will use 5 or if I use 6 I will go online and choose to have them download an Mpg4 file to my e-mail address.  <_<

i ordered myself a new alienware aurora desktop(windows vista ultimate 64 bit)once i have it up and running,i'll try to download photoshow6 desktop version.i am not a gamer,but liked the features that come on alienware. :rolleyes::unsure:

i ordered myself a new alienware aurora desktop(windows vista ultimate 64 bit)once i have it up and running,i'll try to download photoshow6 desktop version.i am not a gamer,but liked the features that come on alienware. :rolleyes::unsure:

Cool, one doesn't have to be a gamer to need all that power, you need it for video editing too. Never hurts to go for the best out there, otherwise you will be wanting something bigger and better before you turn around. Let me know how you like it.

Cool, one doesn't have to be a gamer to need all that power, you need it for video editing too. Never hurts to go for the best out there, otherwise you will be wanting something bigger and better before you turn around. Let me know how you like it.

it comes with adobe 7 premeir and photo editing,i'll see how that works,i also ordered new monitor with both vga and dvi ports on rear of monitor,so no matter what system i use i'll have monitor,i'll let you know how it goes.i will also redownload photoshow 6 desktop version,since they blamed windows,everything on this system is brand new,so no more excuses from roxio.i'm having vista ulitimate installed on this one,i'll try it out.instead of putting this desktop away(only three years old)i'll give to my sister,hers is xp-512 mb.mine vista home premium 2gb. B):P

it comes with adobe 7 premeir and photo editing,i'll see how that works,i also ordered new monitor with both vga and dvi ports on rear of monitor,so no matter what system i use i'll have monitor,i'll let you know how it goes.i will also redownload photoshow 6 desktop version,since they blamed windows,everything on this system is brand new,so no more excuses from roxio.i'm having vista ulitimate installed on this one,i'll try it out.instead of putting this desktop away(only three years old)i'll give to my sister,hers is xp-512 mb.mine vista home premium 2gb. B):P

i received the alienware desktop today,still playing around with it,alot of things to find out about this desktop.i'll let you know if photoshow 6 worked on new computer. <_<:P

still receiving same results even with new os and new desktop :angry2::angry:

have they fixed photoshow 6 yet? :blink:

have they fixed photoshow 6 yet? :blink:

Not that I am aware of. Mine still isn't exporting. <_<

i guess i will stick with photoshow 5,i had bought all of the add-ons just before roxio bought from simplestar,so i do not think i'm losing anything by using photoshow 5 instead of photoshow 6,i just hope they fix export problem :mellow:

after using this alienware desktop,i realize that i wasted $3000.00,unless you are a gamer,you should stick with a lower priced system.

you can order a dell,add all the features you want and need for half of the price.my system works good,but i could have stuck with my other desktop and just have increased memory from 2gb to 4gb and installed larger video card.

i ordered my desktop with liquid cooled system,but can not seem to find this unit.

after using this alienware desktop,i realize that i wasted $3000.00,unless you are a gamer,you should stick with a lower priced system.

you can order a dell,add all the features you want and need for half of the price.my system works good,but i could have stuck with my other desktop and just have increased memory from 2gb to 4gb and installed larger video card.

i ordered my desktop with liquid cooled system,but can not seem to find this unit.

Now that you have a great system, you will probably want to do more. Have you looked at Creator 2009? Slide shows, video editing, audio exiting and transfer, etc. The Ultimate has a back up program and much more.

Now that you have a great system, you will probably want to do more. Have you looked at Creator 2009? Slide shows, video editing, audio exiting and transfer, etc. The Ultimate has a back up program and much more.

i use roxio media 9 suite and adobe elements 7/photoshop 7,i find roxio easier to use,adobe seems hard to use and in order to do certain things,you need to upgrade.

does roxio 2009 offer better software and is it easy to use?

Edited by djps55

i use roxio media 9 suite and adobe elements 7/photoshop 7,i find roxio easier to use,adobe seems hard to use and in order to do certain things,you need to upgrade.

does roxio 2009 offer better software and is it easy to use?

I think that Creator 2009 is better than EMC 9. The Home page is different with the names you know all hidden with cutsey names.E,g, Video Wave = Edit Video Advanced. Creator 2009 handles HD better and you cn make Blu-ray discs or AVCHD discs to play on a Blu-ray player (if you have one.) More transitions, more MyDVD (Create DVD-Advanced) menus, etc.

If you are not going to do HD, then there is no real good reason to upgrade unless somehting else grabs you.

All, we believe we fixed this problem as of a few days ago. It turned out to be much more complicated than we first thought.

Please try to activate burning on PhotoShow 6 and let us know on this forum if you are still having problems.

All, we believe we fixed this problem as of a few days ago. It turned out to be much more complicated than we first thought.

Please try to activate burning on PhotoShow 6 and let us know on this forum if you are still having problems.

roxio photoshow 6 is working well now,all problems with exporting photoshows to computer have been resolved.

it seems to be coming up faster,when i double click on desktop version. B)

roxio photoshow 6 is working well now,all problems with exporting photoshows to computer have been resolved.

it seems to be coming up faster,when i double click on desktop version. B)

Happy to hear it is working for you..................I guess it pays to be both patient and persistant.  :rolleyes::lol:

Happy to hear it is working for you..................I guess it pays to be both patient and persistant.  :rolleyes::lol:

they added more features to photoshow 6,have you seen or tried crazytalk 6 pro.it has some really nice features. :rolleyes:

they added more features to photoshow 6,have you seen or tried crazytalk 6 pro.it has some really nice features. :rolleyes:

Are you talking about v6 desktop or online? I know they did for the online, but I hadn't heard that the v6 updated was out yet.

I will have to check out crazytalk 6 pro.

Edited by Patty

Are you talking about v6 desktop or online? I know they did for the online, but I hadn't heard that the v6 updated was out yet.

I will have to check out crazytalk 6 pro.

with crazytalk 6,you can make two to four people in a photo interact,it is really cool software,you can go into reallusion website and check it out.if you buy get pro version,do not get all features in standard version.i use crazytalk 5 pro and i thought it was really good,but updated version(crazytalk 6)has alot more features. :rolleyes::blink:

with crazytalk 6,you can make two to four people in a photo interact,it is really cool software,you can go into reallusion website and check it out.if you buy get pro version,do not get all features in standard version.i use crazytalk 5 pro and i thought it was really good,but updated version(crazytalk 6)has alot more features. :rolleyes::blink:

Thanks for the info........... :rolleyes:

photoshow 6 not exporting again,when you try to export your photoshow to computer,it will say it is doing audio and it will take 8 mins.i come back in 15 mins. still doing audio and still on 0%

have uninstalled,then disk clean-up making sure no old files left over.then do reinstall,still having same problem.

roxio had me do a third uninstall/reinstall,this did not resolve issue.

i removed all photoshows and then did disk clean-up and then ran different security scans.problem unknown,you can e-mail your photoshows,but can not export to computer.

never gets past processing audio.

Thanks for the info........... :rolleyes:

problem back again,can not export

roxio had me do three different uninstalls/reinstalls.i removed all photoshows and all sonic/roxio files.then did disk clean-up.ran security scans.

keeps getting stuck on processing audio,never gets past that.

I think that Creator 2009 is better than EMC 9. The Home page is different with the names you know all hidden with cutsey names.E,g, Video Wave = Edit Video Advanced. Creator 2009 handles HD better and you cn make Blu-ray discs or AVCHD discs to play on a Blu-ray player (if you have one.) More transitions, more MyDVD (Create DVD-Advanced) menus, etc.

If you are not going to do HD, then there is no real good reason to upgrade unless somehting else grabs you.

after seven uninstalls/reinstalls and doing all of the things support said to do,i uninstalled photoshow 6,i'll stick with my photoshow 5,since it always worked well for me.never had problems exporting to computer or to roxio online account.i had bought all of the effects when i ordered the photoshow 5 disk,so i'm not losing any of the features of photoshow 6.after they resolve export problem,i will redownload photoshow 6? :angry::angry2: