• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vhs To Digital W/roxio 10

Ricardo T

Question

3 answers to this question

EMC 10 (in one version) came bundled with the Dazzle DVC 100 capture for that purpose

The new device should work, provided you do NOT install its own capture software (it will clash with EMC 10)

This is one of the very few USB devices that work according to the original specs btw - you plug it in first, THEN install the drivers :lol:

Use a back (onboard) USB port - there have been problems reported using the front ports

What is the easiest, cheapest way to convert my analog VHS tapes into DVDs? I see that Roxio is selling a cable that allows one to connect a VCR (3 jacks) to PC (USB) which is suppose to work with Roxio 2009. What about Roxio Easy Media Creator 10?

If you have a DVD recorder separate and apart from your pc, then I wouldn't use Roxio's capture device but instead record you vhs tapes in 1 hr increments onto a solid brand DVD-RW DVD at the 1 hr/ disc setting on your DVD recorder, and then capture that DVD w/ emc10, or whatever Roxio version you can get for the least amount of $$$ which has full-service Videowave and MyDVD .

If you have a DVD recorder separate and apart from your pc, then I wouldn't use Roxio's capture device but instead record you vhs tapes in 1 hr increments onto a solid brand DVD-RW DVD at the 1 hr/ disc setting on your DVD recorder, and then capture that DVD w/ emc10, or whatever Roxio version you can get for the least amount of $$$ which has full-service Videowave and MyDVD .

Make that a DVD+RW and it will be better yet!

A DVD Recorder is a handy device but for $50, the Roxio USB Capture Device is pretty hard to beat!!!

Archived