CinePlayer wants an activation code? All PC video is failing

mjmattson

Question

Well I like EMC 8, but I'm not so sure any more. I tried to play a DVD on my PC last night using Interactual player, Media Player, etc. and I keep getting a dialog that says the following:

"The CinePlayer decoders have not yet been activated. You must activate the product before use. Plase run the player that included these decoders in order to activate the product."

OK!!! What is up with this???

I tried to run CinePlayer, but it asks me for an activation code that supposedly is on my CD sleeve, a card, or something with the product (only number I have is for EMC 8).

Also, WHY is this interfering with my other programs. They worked perfectly fine before and overnight they just stopped.

Can anyone explain what is going on and how to fix this?

9 answers to this question

I am the administrator on my machine (the only account). The software worked until a couple days ago when it started asking me for the activiation code (I only received a CD, manual, and the code on the CD sleeve is for EMC 8. I tried it but cineplay will not accept it). I'm not sure why this started "out of the blue" like this. Are there any Windows Updates that could cause this issue?

Very odd.

Just so I have this straight, we should not have to pay for it right? It IS included for free with EMC 8?

Did you read this message pinned to the top of this board? What was your result?

I have used the software for about 4-5 months with no problem and now it is asking for activiation. I am wondering if a complete uninstall/re-install is in order?

Yes, ,it is included, but you do have to be connected to the net for it to be activated. Activation should only happen one time.

I am having a similar problem when launching CinePlayer except that mine wants to start the installation process everytime I open CinePlayer. I just keep "canceling" and after I do this 5 times, the player finally comes up and plays just fine. Is there some way I can re-install just CinePlayer or do a repair so that I don't have to completely re-install EMC8? Just in case I do have to, should I uninstall EMC8 before I do a reinstall? Thanks for your input.

I am having a similar problem when launching CinePlayer except that mine wants to start the installation process everytime I open CinePlayer. I just keep "canceling" and after I do this 5 times, the player finally comes up and plays just fine. Is there some way I can re-install just CinePlayer or do a repair so that I don't have to completely re-install EMC8? Just in case I do have to, should I uninstall EMC8 before I do a reinstall? Thanks for your input.

Don't cancel out. Put the Program disk in, if it asks for it. See what happens.

Don't cancel out. Put the Program disk in, if it asks for it. See what happens.

Yes, I have tried this. After it tells me that it's gathering information for the installation is usually when I cancel. If I do not cancel, the next screen up says: A network error occurred while attempting to read from F\39751.msi. I have the program disc in Drive F. I have also tried looking in the disc to see if I can find that file but search cannot find such a file. After I get this error message, if I keep clicking on "OK" ten times (I counted!), CinePlayer comes up just like it never had a problem at all. Diabolical! Is there a way to "repair" CinePlayer without re-installing the entire program? Thanks for your help.

Did you read this message pinned to the top of this board? What was your result?

Well I like EMC 8, but I'm not so sure any more. I tried to play a DVD on my PC last night using Interactual player, Media Player, etc. and I keep getting a dialog that says the following:

"The CinePlayer decoders have not yet been activated. You must activate the product before use. Plase run the player that included these decoders in order to activate the product."

OK!!! What is up with this???

I tried to run CinePlayer, but it asks me for an activation code that supposedly is on my CD sleeve, a card, or something with the product (only number I have is for EMC 8).

Also, WHY is this interfering with my other programs. They worked perfectly fine before and overnight they just stopped.

Can anyone explain what is going on and how to fix this?

Archived