• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capture Problems

John CLark

Question

If this has been covered I apologize. Anyway I am wanting to convert some VHS tapes over to DVD. My problem is parts of the tape are in color and parts are in black & White. This is not a flaw with the tape as the black & white footage is vintage footage. My problem is when capturing video, It captures the color part. However, when it switches to black & white, I get the "No Signal" and it stops capturing. My OS is Windows XP with Service Pack #3. I am using the Dazzle 90 Capture device. My computer is a HP 763n, with 1.50 GB of ram. Thanks in advance.

John Clark

2 answers to this question

If this has been covered I apologize. Anyway I am wanting to convert some VHS tapes over to DVD. My problem is parts of the tape are in color and parts are in black & White. This is not a flaw with the tape as the black & white footage is vintage footage. My problem is when capturing video, It captures the color part. However, when it switches to black & white, I get the "No Signal" and it stops capturing. My OS is Windows XP with Service Pack #3. I am using the Dazzle 90 Capture device. My computer is a HP 763n, with 1.50 GB of ram. Thanks in advance.

John Clark

Starts and stops in the VHS footage will give you that problem if there are blank spots on the tape. You will have to restart the capture each time that happens. I don't think it has anting to do with color VS B&W. I have successfully captured B&W before. Sorry.

Now if you have already tried that, please Post back and let us know what you have tried.

Archived