video editing problem (TiVo file)

barrygarsson@bellsouth.net

Question

I am trying to edit commercials out of a TiVo file - it worked for awhile (taking a very very long time to accomplish each cut) but now when I right click and choose "Split" nothing happens - the little hourglass remains on the screen, and the entire computer hangs - I have to reboot to end the "program not responding" - when it did work, I had/have to reboot the computer about every third cut or it hangs anyway. I am used to editing an .avi file where I can cut and paste easily - this program seems to act as if it needs to rewrite the entire Tivo file each time I make a simple split. Maddening. It takes weeks to edit one Tivo file. What in heavens name is wrong?

Barry

:)

1 answer to this question

I am trying to edit commercials out of a TiVo file - it worked for awhile (taking a very very long time to accomplish each cut) but now when I right click and choose "Split" nothing happens - the little hourglass remains on the screen, and the entire computer hangs - I have to reboot to end the "program not responding" - when it did work, I had/have to reboot the computer about every third cut or it hangs anyway. I am used to editing an .avi file where I can cut and paste easily - this program seems to act as if it needs to rewrite the entire Tivo file each time I make a simple split. Maddening. It takes weeks to edit one Tivo file. What in heavens name is wrong?

Barry

:)

I can't wait for VW to cut out commercials and have switched to VideoReDo. I would think it should work on Tivo files but they also have a PLUS version. TMPGEnc Editor is another very nice splitter you can try. They both work great without re encoding.

Archived