• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Moving pictures into DVD Builder

trimedsys

Question

When moving pictures into DVD Builder, some of them will not move and I get a message

"Cannot add files" it says "The format of the file xxxx.jpg. is not supported by the application".

These pictures were taken at the same time on the same camera and had some editing done in

Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 Editor. Average image size is about 400kb with 1200 x 1600

pixel. I have EMC7(Build 7.5.3.51 ENU) software which I just started using. Can anyone Help!

1 answer to this question

When moving pictures into DVD Builder, some of them will not move and I get a message

"Cannot add files" it says "The format of the file xxxx.jpg. is not supported by the application".

These pictures were taken at the same time on the same camera and had some editing done in

Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 Editor. Average image size is about 400kb with 1200 x 1600

pixel. I have EMC7(Build 7.5.3.51 ENU) software which I just started using. Can anyone Help!

Your problem is most likely Microsoft Digital Image. Quite a few other users of that product have posted the same problem on these boards. I also use Microsoft Digital Image and have the same experience but on a very infrequent basis. I am not technical enough to understand or explain why, but it has something to do with EXIF data (whatever the heck that is) that Digital Image writes to the file. There are programs available that can be used to strip a file of the data. Do a Google search to find some.

Just to test, take one of the problem images, open it in Photosuite, do not do any editing, and save as a jpeg. I will bet EMC7 will now accept the picture.

BTW - If you are not, I would recommend you build your project in Videowave and then import to DVDBuilder to build menus and burn. Building slideshows/movies is what Videowave was designed to do.

Archived