• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Cuts Out

chocy963

Question

We recently installed Creator 2009. My daughter made a video project using the film setting on our digital camera. We burned a DVD fine using MyDVD Express and it plays back fine on our home DVD player - with one exception... in a few places the audio just cuts out. It's like somebody hits the mute button for a second or two. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to where it happens - I first thought it was where a transition started, but it isn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

10 answers to this question

In Media Player it works fine. Could it have something to do with the DVDs we are using? We weren't sure which kind to get and got the ones that say DVD-R.

Thanks

Do you hear the missing audio in Videowave (if you used that to create the production)?

Do you hear the missing audio when playing the clip in another viewer, like Quicktime?

Oops, and yes, it works fine in Video Wave as well.

Do you hear the missing audio in Videowave (if you used that to create the production)?

Do you hear the missing audio when playing the clip in another viewer, like Quicktime?

We recently installed Creator 2009. My daughter made a video project using the film setting on our digital camera. We burned a DVD fine using MyDVD Express and it plays back fine on our home DVD player - with one exception... in a few places the audio just cuts out. It's like somebody hits the mute button for a second or two. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to where it happens - I first thought it was where a transition started, but it isn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If you used Videowave to create you project then us File/Save As to save you project to a project file (it will have the extension dmsm). Exit Videowave and launch myDVD and add your VW project file using the "Add ..." option. Create you menu then Burn to DVD. myDVD Express is a "simplified" burning wizard which has created lots of problems for users. myDVD is the full burning version.

What make od DVDs are you using? Verbatim are recommended by most of us here.

Thanks for your help.

We tried that and it was still glitching. We then tried it in a different DVD player and it worked fine. So, I guess it is just a compatibility issues with one of our DVD players.

We are using Verbatim. Does it make a difference if the are -R +R, etc?

If you used Videowave to create you project then us File/Save As to save you project to a project file (it will have the extension dmsm). Exit Videowave and launch myDVD and add your VW project file using the "Add ..." option. Create you menu then Burn to DVD. myDVD Express is a "simplified" burning wizard which has created lots of problems for users. myDVD is the full burning version.

What make od DVDs are you using? Verbatim are recommended by most of us here.

Thanks for your help.

We tried that and it was still glitching. We then tried it in a different DVD player and it worked fine. So, I guess it is just a compatibility issues with one of our DVD players.

Check to see which type and make of DVDs you player prefers.

Thanks for your help.

Walt is correct ; I've settled on DVD- because my players are more fussy with the "+" type discs. Find out which type your player(s) "prefer".

I think the scuttlebutt is that "+" has some advantages over "-", but I'd like to hear that from someone like cd as to what that exactly is...

Wesociety CD Freak, Bottom line, except for standalone player compatability, you won't notice ANY difference between equal quality DVD+R/DVD-R media from an end users perspective.

Why DVD+R(W) is superior to DVD-R(W)

http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Why-DVDRW-...rior-to-DVD-RW/ <- in depth article by Spath

cd

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Archived