• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Drive Detected

paulpasach

Question

I have "Roxio Creator Basic v9" and recently it started not being able to find my disc drive, the message on the opening page reads "No drive detected" .

The program was working fine and then it stopped working. I have removed, and reloaded the program (except for light scribe which came with it), but that did not help.

The program came with my compaq computer and is about 1-2 years old.

Does anyone have a solution?

20 answers to this question

Let me add my frustration of having Easy Media Creator 9 Suite suddenly get “no drive detected”. The excellent program had been working fine for years.

Assuming the program software somehow got corrupted, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, to include putting in the Drag-to-disk update and Windows Visa Certification update from Roxio’s web site. The problem of “no drive detected” still persisted.

Next, I tried running PX Engine.exe also from Roxio web site. Still got “no drive detected”.

Finally, I uninstalled the DVD ROM Drive (using Windows System Device Manager), and rebooted. The proper up-to-date ROM driver was reinstalled. Sadly, that didn’t do the trick either. I still am plagued with “no drive detected”. Any other suggestions what to do?

Did the PxHelp20 ever show up in the lower filter?

Didn't believe me Dave?

Nope. No change. It still shows the two other drivers (Roxio & Sonic Solutions) and a [None Found] in the lower class filters.

You uninstalled D2D and you still show DLACDBHM and DRVMCDB Lower Class Filter?

cd

Dave: Found that I had iTunes in computer and I just uninstalled it. EMC 9 cranks up much faster now, which is a good sign, but "no disk detected" still appears when I try to use EMC 9's Copy Cisk, or use Drag-to-Disk.

Windows Vista sees and uses the CD/DVD drive OK.

Other suggestions?

You could try another "clean install" again of EMC 9 since you removed iTunes. Also there is the 9.1 update if you have the retail version of EMC 9 and then the PXengine update. I had this issue and ended up doing a reformat. I never could find the culprit for sure but I suspected it had to do with iTunes.

VISTA Clean Install: http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...S=set-locale=en

DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS OR ADD ANY STEPS

Try uninstalling the Drag to Disc component of EMC9. Vista has its own built in packet writing system and there could be a clash between the two (normally two packet writing apps can't co-exist on the same OS)

The latest version of Drag to Disc works fine in Vista, and doesn't conflict with Vista's Live File System.

:)

Brendon

Dave:

I finally completed a VISTA Clean Install of EMC 9 (as per Roxio instructions) and downloaded and installed EMC 9.1 as well as PX Engine from Roxio. Sadly, “no driver detected” still remains when I try use Drag-to-Disk or Copy Disk features of EMC 9.1.

cdanteek:

Per your suggestion, I downloaded and installed ImgBurn and find

DLACDBHM (Roxio Shared Driver Component),

DRVMCDB (Sonic Solutions Device Driver) and

[None Found]

in the three lower class filters. However, I did find PxHelp20.sys located in Windows > System32 > Drivers folder. Am I getting closer to solving my problem?

This is a Retail version of EMC 9 yours should be similar, is this what you see when you open your program?

If so download and install the free small (1.87mb) program ImgBurn Current version: 2.4.2.0 click here for download reboot and open the program. Now click tools at the top, then click Filter Driver Load Order, does it show a PxHelp20 in lower class filter? Now look in in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers folder, do you have a PxHelp20 there?

post-97-1235867274.jpg

post-97-1235867288.jpg

cd

Try uninstalling the Drag to Disc component of EMC9. Vista has its own built in packet writing system and there could be a clash between the two (normally two packet writing apps can't co-exist on the same OS)

Is this what your Filter Driver Load Order looks like, only missing the PxHelp20, lower class filter? The pic is from a XP, SP2 system with D2D and C2009 installed.

The problem in the missing PxHelp20, that is the 'no drive detected' error, that entry should be in the registry and show in the Filter Driver Load Order , you show half of it in system32 drivers folder. The path/chain is broken, at least now we know what is causing your problem.

Try disabling D2D in 'msconfig' as a startup item, if you have it running, 'icon by the clock'? Then applying the PxEngine, again.

#5 in my signature Drive Not Recognized By Roxio is a link for the new PxEngine for version 7.5 and up. You download it, run it, do you get this screen, successfully completed? Do you reboot after the PxEngine runs?

I've never had broken filters only broken them and fixed them for testing purposes. You could try Daithi's suggestion of uninstalling D2D then re-applying the PxEngine...Let us know how it goes.

post-97-1236001381.jpg

post-97-1236001425.png

cd

KK,

Is Pxhelp20.sys located in the C:\windows\system32\drivers folder? Check one more time again.

Also, use regedit scan scan for Pxhelp20. You should find it in lower filters along with other locations.

Are you sure that you are not seeing any yellow exclamation points in device manager?

Dave

Guys:

I tried stopped D2D from startup (using msconfig), rebooted, ran PX Engine.exe again, rebooted and found that “no drive detected” still there in EMC 9.1.

I then uninstalled D2D portion of EMC 9.1 (using Vista program uninstall), rebooted, ran PX Engine, rebooted, and find that that pesky “no drive detected” is still there.

Granted, there are other software programs I can use besides EMC 9.1 to burn disks. ImgBurn appears to be a good one for example. It is just that it’s frustrating to have EMC collapse on me after years of good service using Vista.

Archived