• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Backup 'finalised' Dvd's

krisclarke

Question

I have burned some very important memories to dvd, using a cheap 'ALBA' (uk brand) dvd recorder.

I finalised the discs to protect the data, and recently bought Roxio 2009 to make backup ISO data files. However I get error messages about halfway through the process, saying to check for fingerprints or smudges (don't have access to the exact error message at the moment). I have tried copying the discs on a mac and still no joy.

I am wondering whether the process of 'finalising' the dvd on the recorder, has also added 'copy protection'?

Any help will be most appreciated as the discs are extremely important to me, and I would like to know if there is any way to copy/back them up?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

If you get the error half way through copying it sounds like errors on the disc.

Make a folder on your hard drive, right click, new, folder. With the disc in a drive, right click open, right click select all, or edit select all, copy. Now open the folder on the HD you made and right click paste, do you get the error in about the same place?

If so look at the burned disc, does it look dirty or something stuck pon the burned side?

cd

Archived