• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Minor Background Noise

BagpiperDude

Question

After using Media Import to transfer my video to an avi format I usually test a few minutes of the video to verify it was copied correctly. In saying that, I hear in the background of the video the sound of the video camera recording. It's a faint sound but it can be annoying. Is there a way to separate out that sound and then remove it from the audio track in the final production?

11 answers to this question

You should first try using the audio editing in Videowave. Add the video to your Videowave project. Right click on it and choose Edit -> Native Audio. There is a button to 'clean audio'. Follow the instructions to take a sample of the background noise. I find it works fairly well if you can find a place where there isn't much other sound going on.

You should first try using the audio editing in Videowave. Add the video to your Videowave project. Right click on it and choose Edit -> Native Audio. There is a button to 'clean audio'. Follow the instructions to take a sample of the background noise. I find it works fairly well if you can find a place where there isn't much other sound going on.

I suspected this was the area in which I would achieve this. Let me clarify with myself one of the statements you made. I need to find a part of the audio in which there is only the faint sound of the camera recording, isolate this segment, and then follow the steps to clean this audio out of the rest of video production, correct?

I'm assuming VideoWave recognizes this inherent sound and is able to remove it from all of the video production. For reference, pretty much all of the video has just light conversation as the audio.

I suspected this was the area in which I would achieve this. Let me clarify with myself one of the statements you made. I need to find a part of the audio in which there is only the faint sound of the camera recording, isolate this segment, and then follow the steps to clean this audio out of the rest of video production, correct?

I'm assuming VideoWave recognizes this inherent sound and is able to remove it from all of the video production. For reference, pretty much all of the video has just light conversation as the audio.

Videowave cannot determine this "inherent sound" and remove it. There is very little audio editing that can be done with VW.

I am using Creator 2009 Ultimate and I do also have Sound Soap. I will give this option a try. The audio is actually a decent level. I'm just being picky about the motor noise. I will this suggestion a try. Thanks. I currently weighing my options about buying a better video camera. The one I own I purchased in 2001.

This is sort of a side question but would I be able to take that extracted audio track and increase the "volume" of the audio? In other words, I had my camera taping from a distance and the audio (a person's voice) I recorded isn't very loud on the raw video footage. I was wondering if I could increase the loudness so it sounds like I recorded the person much closer.

I you have the version that came with Sound Soap (Creator 2009 Ultimate), you can extract the audio from the video and save it as a wav file. You can then mute the original native audio (with the motor noise) and add the extracted wav file to any other audio track.

You might also want to consider an external mic for your camcorder. Many camcorders are so small that the motor noise is almost unavoidable. Some people don't hear the noise but others do.

Yes, but there will be a limit. Videowave also has an advanced equalizer which might help some.

Okay, this is going to seem like a stupid question but how do you access SoundSoap through the main Roxio Creator 2009 program? I have the ultimate edition. I installed SoundSoap (or at least it seems like it installed) at the time I installed the rest of the program. If this is not the case is there a specific way I need to initiate the installation of SoundSoap? Thanks.

Look for a "Bias" folder.

They have a quirky registration process (if you haven't) registered. many people had to do the alternate registration.

I will look for the "Bias" folder. I'm assuming there will be setup procedures under that folder. I did look under the start menu and did not see anything but in saying that I was looking SoundSoap and not Bias. If it's not there I will look to do a specific install. I will also register since I haven't. I am assuming all this information is available upon installing the software. Thanks.

I you have the version that came with Sound Soap (Creator 2009 Ultimate), you can extract the audio from the video and save it as a wav file. You can then mute the original native audio (with the motor noise) and add the extracted wav file to any other audio track.

You might also want to consider an external mic for your camcorder. Many camcorders are so small that the motor noise is almost unavoidable. Some people don't hear the noise but others do.

I am using Creator 2009 Ultimate and I do also have Sound Soap. I will give this option a try. The audio is actually a decent level. I'm just being picky about the motor noise. I will this suggestion a try. Thanks. I currently weighing my options about buying a better video camera. The one I own I purchased in 2001.

Archived