• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Slow Start When Recording Clips

ajx13

Question

Hello,

When capturing clips with the "Roxio Media Import" section the capture doesn't start right away. It takes a few second before it starts recording. Is there a way to get it to start recording right as I click on the "CAPTURE NOW" button without the lag in time?

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Hello,

When capturing clips with the "Roxio Media Import" section the capture doesn't start right away. It takes a few second before it starts recording. Is there a way to get it to start recording right as I click on the "CAPTURE NOW" button without the lag in time?

Thanks.

Have you checked the captured file to see if the start was actually there?

How are you capturing? From what are you capturing? How is the device connected to your computer? What format (file type) are you using for the capture?

Have you checked the captured file to see if the start was actually there?

How are you capturing? From what are you capturing? How is the device connected to your computer? What format (file type) are you using for the capture?

I have a Gateway PC. I'm using a Panasonic VCR connected to the front A/V inputs from the PC.

It has a pre-set capture setting on the software (720x480 MPEG-2, 8Mbps).

The file is captured from the point after it "Blacks Out" and starts recording until when I press "STOP".

It doesn't start recording from the exact point I PLAY the TAPE.

I have a Gateway PC. I'm using a Panasonic VCR connected to the front A/V inputs from the PC.

It has a pre-set capture setting on the software (720x480 MPEG-2, 8Mbps).

The file is captured from the point after it "Blacks Out" and starts recording until when I press "STOP".

It doesn't start recording from the exact point I PLAY the TAPE.

I find that there is usually a couple of seconds delay before the actual capturing, I geuss there is a certain overhead required to get eveything setup. To get around that I start the capture a few seconds before the actual point I want to capture.

Archived