• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What Video Card

wyomingscout

Question

Hi, I'm new to the forum and need some help before buying VHS to DVD software/hardware. I have a Dell Dimension 4700 about 4 years old - no warrenty. How can I determine what video card is installed? I know I bought an upgrade for gaming, but don't remember what it is.

I want to make sure I can run Roxio Easy VHS to DVD.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Hi, I'm new to the forum and need some help before buying VHS to DVD software/hardware. I have a Dell Dimension 4700 about 4 years old - no warrenty. How can I determine what video card is installed? I know I bought an upgrade for gaming, but don't remember what it is.

I want to make sure I can run Roxio Easy VHS to DVD.

Thanks

Hi Scout -

You can find out what card you have installed from Dell's site by entering the Service Tag located ont he back of your machine.

If you can't find your service tag, the following instructions should help you determine what card you have:

1. Windows XP: Click on Start -> Run.
  2. Windows Vista: Click on Start -> and click in the Search field to activate the cursor. Type "dxdiag" and click on the OK.
  3. Click the Display tab at the top of that window and note your Device Name and Manufacturer.
  4. You can access the drivers by visiting your computer manufacturer's website or by going to the video card manufacturer's website directly.

Archived