• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Looping-Don't want

novicedvd

Hi! I am quite new to all this but my sister & I are creating a photo slideshow on dvd for my parents. We have all the photos loaded in. Now, we are up to recording fun messages to go with some of the photos. We are able to record no problem and we are able to attach to the photo no problem. However, our problem is that our audio is only (say) 5 seconds long and we chose the photo to be displayed 10 seconds. Therefore, the audio repeats itself 2 times. How do we make it so that the audio only goes through once and the rest of the 5 seconds is just silence. We are using Roxio 6. Any ideas or suggestions? This is the last piece to creating a great dvd & it is very frustrating to us!!! Thanks much!

Hi! I am quite new to all this but my sister & I are creating a photo slideshow on dvd for my parents. We have all the photos loaded in. Now, we are up to recording fun messages to go with some of the photos. We are able to record no problem and we are able to attach to the photo no problem. However, our problem is that our audio is only (say) 5 seconds long and we chose the photo to be displayed 10 seconds. Therefore, the audio repeats itself 2 times. How do we make it so that the audio only goes through once and the rest of the 5 seconds is just silence. We are using Roxio 6. Any ideas or suggestions? This is the last piece to creating a great dvd & it is very frustrating to us!!! Thanks much!

I don't have v6 loaded on this computer and I will have to go on my other one later and check this out, however, a simple way to solve this problem is to make the picture the same length as the audio, then insert a second picture(same as the first) with no transition, that should play as if it were just one photo. I will get back with you to let you know if there is another way to do it. The second picture, of course, can be as long as you like. I am assuming you realize I am meaning the first and second picture are the same. I will try to get back with you later tonight. :)

I wasn't able to find another way to make the looping stop. One other thing, once you set the commentary to the photo, right click (I believe) and adjust duration of photo to match audio. then insert your second photo as described above.

How about just adding 5 seconds of silence after your message? That way the length of the audio matches the length of the display, even though it's silent for half of it.

Hope that helps!

Click on " Timeline " view. This will show the production is multiple rows. 1 row for slides, 1 or multiple rows for audio. double click the audio file that is associated with that slide. deselect "loop"

I think your thinking of a later version, v6 does not have a timeline. That started with version 7.

• 2 months later...

Hi - I am not at my home computer where Roxio is loaded so don't remember exactly how it is stated, but at one of the final steps there is a button that says Options. If you click on that then click the Slide Show button, unclick the choice that says something like reloop music. that way the music will end even if the slides don't. Hope that helps.

Archived