• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 7

vbreslow

Question

I am trying to uninstall Creator 7 from my laptop and I keep getting this "Severe" error message saying that it cannot find the certificate file. When I click past that I get another "Severe" error message saying that it cannot authenticate this version and make sure your system is set to the current date (which it is). when I click out of all of the error messages I get another error message that says, "Fatal Error During Installation." Can you help me resolve this so I can uninstall it please? I have also tried putting the actual disc in the drive to see if it could authenticate with the disc, but that didn't work. Then I tried to re-install the software to see if it would find what it needed, but the same errors came up. I need to get it off this computer. Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Good luck. Let us know if it works.

Turns out I had to format my drive so that took care of the uninstall issue. But, thank you so much for the reference to that tool I will use it in the future. Happy Valentine's Day; your grandchildren are goreous. Vicki

Good luck. Let us know if it works.

Turns out I had to format my drive so that took care of the uninstall issue. But, thank you so much for the reference to that tool I will use it in the future. Happy Valentine's Day; your grandchildren are goreous. Vicki

I am trying to uninstall Creator 7 from my laptop and I keep getting this "Severe" error message saying that it cannot find the certificate file. When I click past that I get another "Severe" error message saying that it cannot authenticate this version and make sure your system is set to the current date (which it is). when I click out of all of the error messages I get another error message that says, "Fatal Error During Installation." Can you help me resolve this so I can uninstall it please? I have also tried putting the actual disc in the drive to see if it could authenticate with the disc, but that didn't work. Then I tried to re-install the software to see if it would find what it needed, but the same errors came up. I need to get it off this computer. Thanks.

Download the Microsoft Cleanup Utility, install it, then run it, and get rid of the Sonic and Roxio files on your computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;290301

Archived