"play/pause/etc" Grayed Out In Project

ronlosangeles

Question

13 answers to this question

Not happening in other projects. Don't know why this is happening.......... all my "play/pause" etc is GRAYED OUT...... ???

Have a 5-minute project completed and now suddenly "gray"'

help!

ron

No idea what your post is about. Do you have some details or do we have to rely on our Crystal Ball? :rolleyes:

I have put about 10 hours of editing / splicing / etc into this project. No way I'm starting over. There must be a way to figure this out.

thanks for input though.

ron

That's up to you.

Is the production all video clips? Were the buttons there, after you brought the first clip in? When did you lose the buttons?

Do a test. Start a new project, and bring in a video clip, from that same production. If the buttons are there, save the project with some other name than your other production. Close VideoWave, then open it again, and see if the buttons are still there.

That's up to you.

Is the production all video clips? Were the buttons there, after you brought the first clip in? When did you lose the buttons?

Do a test. Start a new project, and bring in a video clip, from that same production. If the buttons are there, save the project with some other name than your other production. Close VideoWave, then open it again, and see if the buttons are still there.

IT IS ONLY HAPPENING IN THIS PARTICULAR PROJECT AND IT JUST STARTED HAPPENING AFTER 10 HOURS OF WORK. I HAVE ASSEMBLED /IMPORTED SEVERAL VIDEOS AND HAVE BEEN EDITING THEM TO CREATE A NEW VIDEO.

I HAVE OPENED OTHER PROJECTS AND THE "PAUSE / PLAY" ARE FINE; ALSO STARTED A NEW PROJECT AND IT'S FINE; FOR SOME REASON IT'S ONLY IN THIS PROJECT.........AND I'VE DONE TOO MUCH WORK TO SIMPLY START OVER.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

RON

IT IS ONLY HAPPENING IN THIS PARTICULAR PROJECT AND IT JUST STARTED HAPPENING AFTER 10 HOURS OF WORK. I HAVE ASSEMBLED /IMPORTED SEVERAL VIDEOS AND HAVE BEEN EDITING THEM TO CREATE A NEW VIDEO.

I HAVE OPENED OTHER PROJECTS AND THE "PAUSE / PLAY" ARE FINE; ALSO STARTED A NEW PROJECT AND IT'S FINE; FOR SOME REASON IT'S ONLY IN THIS PROJECT.........AND I'VE DONE TOO MUCH WORK TO SIMPLY START OVER.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

RON

I hate to say it, but you've got two gurus telling you like it is. Maybe you have an earlier version saved under a different name? If so, pull that up and see if the buttons are there,

No need to shout (which is what using all caps is), your fellow users are just trying to help.

Try this. With Videowave closed, go to where you have your project file saved (the .dmsm file). there will also be a .dat file there that has the same filename as your .dmsm project does. Delete the .dat file. Now start Videowave up again, open your project and see if that helps.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

RON

So, why the hell are you yelling at us? Some file, in that production, is corrupt. You need to find it. I would start deleting things, 1 at a time, from the back of the project, including transitions, until you find the corrupt file, or transition.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

RON

Please turn off the Caps Lock to stop shouting.

If other projects are working fine then that suggests that your problem is in your project. If you still have the project file make a copy, then using the original project file you could start removing mods you have made until the buttons appear again.

Otherwise the only option is to start over - 10 hours for a project is not long to start over.

I hate to say it, but you've got two gurus telling you like it is. Maybe you have an earlier version saved under a different name? If so, pull that up and see if the buttons are there,

Yes.........all other projects and other saved versions are fine. I can go back to a 3-day-old version and start from there. Lost a lot of tweaking and editing. Very frustrating. I was hoping someone would know a reason for this.

Thanks for the advice and wisdom.

On we go....

ron

Yes.........all other projects and other saved versions are fine. I can go back to a 3-day-old version and start from there. Lost a lot of tweaking and editing. Very frustrating. I was hoping someone would know a reason for this.

Thanks for the advice and wisdom.

On we go....

ron

I feel your pain. I save Videowave projects under names that change with the days, such as "movie_0210" and "movie_0211", etc., saving the more refined productions with a new name each day. They take up virtually no space because the videos themselves that will be using to create the production are not "stored" in the videowave project, making it a big file, rather that name is like a map telling the program where to look on your pc for the videos, photos, etc. you are using in your production.

If you are going back three days and you now know a goblin got in there somehow, be sure to rename it a different name after, say, every major edit. Just call your productions movie_1, _2, _3 up to whatever.

Archived