Editing Videos

joerealtor

Question

Hi,

I recently purchased Roxio Special edition 9.Also I had a professional lab convert some 70 year old 8 films to DVDs. But since I was not able to preview contents I had to submit having them converted in any order. Now I realize I would like to re order these and hope to be able to do so with roxio 9.Is it possible to do a cut and paste job? How do you start? Can anyone sketch a step by step procedure using roxio 9 menus?

6 answers to this question

Hello guys,

First of all many thanks for your replies. I'm new at this chat system so I hope I'm using the correct procedure for responding. Yes, you are right, it's Roxio Creator 2009, Special Edition bought from CostCo . All I need to accomplish is to cut some scenes from one file and add another from a different file. All black & white, no sound, simple & straight forward reassembling of sequential events is all I want. Thanks for your help!

Joe

Hi,

I recently purchased Roxio Special edition 9.Also I had a professional lab convert some 70 year old 8 films to DVDs. But since I was not able to preview contents I had to submit having them converted in any order. Now I realize I would like to re order these and hope to be able to do so with roxio 9.Is it possible to do a cut and paste job? How do you start? Can anyone sketch a step by step procedure using roxio 9 menus?

Hello guys,

First of all many thanks for your replies. I'm new at this chat system so I hope I'm using the correct procedure for responding. Yes, you are right, it's Roxio Creator 2009, Special Edition bought from CostCo . All I need to accomplish is to cut some scenes from one file and add another from a different file. All black & white, no sound, simple & straight forward reassembling of sequential events is all I want. Thanks for your help!

Joe

See if this will do what you want.

Hi, Your video was most helpful in getting me started. But I ran into a wall after selecting the auto detect scenes, they come up. I stop in the part I need to attached to the next file and hit OK. But instead of opening the following window it brings me back to my original folder and I can't see the scenes that need to be dragged into the VW. If I re run the scen detector, they are still selected there. I tried dragging the scenes from there but was unable. I hit "add scene" on the left panel, but still cannot drag any. What am I missing?. I should add, I have no experience whatsoever with this or any video editing software, so please forgive my ignorance of this matter.

Ps and thanks again for your help

Hi,

There is no such program as "Roxio Special edition 9", I believe you are referring to Roxio Creator 2009, Special Edition bought from CostCo or some other store. Since there is alreadu a program call Roxio EMC 9, this naming has created a lot of confusion and we need to be sure exactly which version we are talking about.

For a start it would be useful to read this post.

It is not as simple as "cut & paste" and its not really "Easy" :rolleyes: despite the claims in some of the ads.

Archived