• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

16:9 Capture And Burn

kalani

Question

When using a comcorder output disk in the 16:9 format, the capture program converts it to 4:3.

Is there a place to specify that the mpeg file is to remain 16:9?

When editing the video, the input file is now 4:3 and obviously the burn is also 4:3.

I want to burn my DVD as 16:9 as the original was recorded.

Running Creator 2009 on a new PC running Vista

Thanks for any ideas.

Tom

5 answers to this question

When using a comcorder output disk in the 16:9 format, the capture program converts it to 4:3.

Is there a place to specify that the mpeg file is to remain 16:9?

When editing the video, the input file is now 4:3 and obviously the burn is also 4:3.

I want to burn my DVD as 16:9 as the original was recorded.

Running Creator 2009 on a new PC running Vista

Thanks for any ideas.

Tom

If that is a miniDVD, from a camcorder, try just copying the files, from the disc, to your hard drive. Then open VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced), click on File, then on New Production, and select 16:9.

Then, click on Add Photo/Video, browse to the Video_TS folder, that you saved, on your hard drive, and bring in all of the .vob files.

See if it shows up as 16:9.

Copied mini DVD files onto hard disk. Opened Roxio and started a new 16:9 production. Searched hard disk for video and found .vob files. When loading them into advanced edit they were converted into 4:3 showing on the screen with black bands on each side.

One might assume that. There are lots of camcorder on the market that do not adhere to 16:9 'standards'. JVC .MOD files is a good example. If the older app works, then use it capture. Use the captured files in Creator 2009.

I can assure you that Videowave is not 'converting' the files in the video_ts folder. It uses what is there, as is.

Edited by ggrussell