• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Motion Pictures Hd Can't Re-load My Data File

ddc419

Question

I tried Motion Pictures HD for the first time today (came with Toast 8.) I was impressed with the ease with which I could make some very nice compositions by panning, zooming, and arranging a series of images to a sound track. I had put together about 5 minutes of a slideshow, saving throughout, and exporting to Toast as a DVD image. All seemed fine. I quit the application, and now I'm opening up my saved data file, but to my horror, all I'm seeing is a completely empty document, with none of my images in the slide queue, no music track indicated, no duration of slideshow. I thought for a minute that maybe it was having trouble with resolving paths because my images were coming from an external hard drive which were themselves stored on a sparse disk image (mounted through Disk Utility.) But I've tried several different combinations and I'm concluding that Motion Pictures HD simply can't re-load its data, under any circumstances! I've tried having just one image in the queue, straight from my internal hard drive, save, then quit the application, then re-load my saved file and again I have a blank, empty document. I feel sure that no software developer could have delivered a product as defective as this, so there must be an explanation. Who knows what's going on here?

4 answers to this question

I too am having issues (was running 2.1.2, now 2.1.4t). I have a project with 193 slides in it. Everything loaded in fine last night and i was chugging right along. I saved and closed for the night. I opened it up today and all it does is crash the app. How can i tell if i have a corrupt JPEG or anything else? The "Report to Apple" file tells me nothing, but that's because i don't know what i am looking for. Anybody?

I've used it in the past with no issues. this is the first time this has happened to me using this app.

All I can suggest is to trash the com.lqgraphics.motionpictures.plist file in your User>Library>Preferences folder and try to relaunch. If you only can get it to launch without re-opening your saved project you'll probably have to start anew. This time leave the application open until the project is done.

All I can suggest is to trash the com.lqgraphics.motionpictures.plist file in your User>Library>Preferences folder and try to relaunch. If you only can get it to launch without re-opening your saved project you'll probably have to start anew. This time leave the application open until the project is done.

Thank you for your response. I did, try the plist thing, but it didn't help. For fear of your suggestion being my new reality, I went out and got the demo of FotoMagic. I figured, if i was going to have to start again, perhaps i'd use something a little more reliable.

What a great program! The only thing it seems to be missing (that i can tell), is the ability to have multiple slides on the screen at the same time...

I too am having issues (was running 2.1.2, now 2.1.4t). I have a project with 193 slides in it. Everything loaded in fine last night and i was chugging right along. I saved and closed for the night. I opened it up today and all it does is crash the app. How can i tell if i have a corrupt JPEG or anything else? The "Report to Apple" file tells me nothing, but that's because i don't know what i am looking for. Anybody?

I've used it in the past with no issues. this is the first time this has happened to me using this app.

The last version of Motion Pictures is version 2.1.4. If you don't have that one it should be in the Toast 8 update. At least it used to be but I don't know if it is now.

I still have Motion Pictures installed on my desktop Mac and will be able to get to it in a couple days to see if the same thing happens on my system. This application was horribly neglected by its developer and bug fixes were few and far between. It had promise but....

You can make pan and zoom slide shows with iMovie. Roxio chose to bundle the excellent Boinx Fotomagico slide show application with Toast 10 Pro. I've used it many times over several years and the developer continues to make it better. The developer of Motion Pictures created the slide show application called Photo-to-Movie which is well regarded although I have no experience with it.

Archived