• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My Cd Player Does Not Recognize Dla Cd

bnave

Question

I have a Dell that I had to restore due to viruses. I backed up my data on a USB memory stick and than copied onto cd's using a friends Dell laptop. The laptop used DLA, I did not know at the time about DLA compatabilty. The cd's I burned are now not recognized by my computer. I have Roxio creator DE1.02. Is there plug in or download so I can read the CDs?

Thanks,

Evan

5 answers to this question

I have a Dell that I had to restore due to viruses. I backed up my data on a USB memory stick and than copied onto cd's using a friends Dell laptop. The laptop used DLA, I did not know at the time about DLA compatabilty. The cd's I burned are now not recognized by my computer. I have Roxio creator DE1.02. Is there plug in or download so I can read the CDs?

Thanks,

Evan

Check with Dell, its their OEM version.

You may want to download a trial of ISO Buster or CD Roller. Both are CD recovery programs that may allow you to recover your files. Both have trial versions that will show you what they think they can recover, but you have to buy it to actually do the recovery

It should not make any difference… DLA discs are readable on any XP or Vista PC, there is something else going on here???

I had to reinstall my Windows XP Pro. When I put a CD I burned using a laptop that had DLA, my explorer shows no files and no data on CD (Free Space 0, used space 0). I know the disk is full. I unfortunately did not make the disks compatible with other drives. Stupid me. The disks work on the original laptop that I used to make the copies but not mine. I won't have access to said laptop for about 2 months since the person is away.

I checked the Dell Support and they focus on computers that have DLA installed. Am I missing a driver?

Dell mailed me a copy of Roxio Creator DE. This recognized their is data on the cd, but won't let me access the cd or copy the data. It knows the disk has 640Mb on it but thats it.

It isn't critical data, I just don't want to keep asking to borrow people laptops.

Evan

It isn't critical data, I just don't want to keep asking to borrow people laptops.

If you don't want to buy the recovery program, perhaps you should borrow the laptop once, and copy the data off that disc to the hard drive, then write it properly to an unformatted CD with either CD Creator or the XP built-in writing system.