• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

100% Cpu Time By Roxiocentrlfx.exe

fuzzie874

Question

Im running Roxio 2009, latest update, and when I run Roxio, My whole system drags. Opening the processes tab, Roxiocentralfx.exe is using 100% cpu time. Is this normal? When trying to burn anything, the screen never updates and 75% of all burns results in coasters.

I believe I meet the System requirements:

Notebook with XP Pro SP3

1.4 Ghz CPU

1 GB Ram

Thanks for any help with this.

6 answers to this question

With a 1.4Ghz??? Yes it is going to take some time.

Guessing you don't have much disc free space either?

You might want to look under MyDVD – Tools – Render and make sure it is set to Software.

You may need to separate the process into Rendering then Burn. Do this by Rendering from MyDVD to a file (ISO) then using Video Copy & Convert to burn the file.

With a 1.4Ghz??? Yes it is going to take some time.

Guessing you don't have much disc free space either?

You might want to look under MyDVD – Tools – Render and make sure it is set to Software.

You may need to separate the process into Rendering then Burn. Do this by Rendering from MyDVD to a file (ISO) then using Video Copy & Convert to burn the file.

I didn't mention, that all I'm trying to do is burn an iso image file. as soon as I open the application that burns the iso, CPU time goes to 100%. I'm not converting video files, just burning. I have 30 GB available on HDD.

Thanks.

I didn't mention, that all I'm trying to do is burn an iso image file. as soon as I open the application that burns the iso, CPU time goes to 100%. I'm not converting video files, just burning. I have 30 GB available on HDD.

Thanks.

You are still rendering, and that is "converting"…

Did you try what I suggested?

Archived