• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copy Data Lost On Hard Drive

McManus

Question

9 answers to this question

Start again and take a note where the temp files are being stored - then stop, go there and delete

I tried and it doesn't note where they are being saved. There is just a check box to indicate you want to mount to hard drive before burn.

8 GB ??? Must have been a DL disk. Where did the original 8Gig disk come form and what kind of data was on it ?

Frank...

I made a compilation of all our recent home movies on a dual layer dvd. It had video_ts and audio_ts file folders. I did a search for the file types sorted by most recent and it didn't come up. I also searched for images and iso's and came up empty.

I tried and it doesn't note where they are being saved. There is just a check box to indicate you want to mount to hard drive before burn.

I made a compilation of all our recent home movies on a dual layer dvd. It had video_ts and audio_ts file folders. I did a search for the file types sorted by most recent and it didn't come up. I also searched for images and iso's and came up empty.

What program from the C2009 suite are you using to "copy" the DVD?

Hi McManus,

Have a look in C:\Users\%me%\AppData\Local\Temp , where %me% is your user account name on your computer.

The temporary files should be in there, and will likely be in the form "PXWxxxxx.tmp". I have EMC 10 loaded at the moment, and that's where they go. I don't think it was changed in Creator 2009 [EMC 11].

You may have to tell Windows to allow you to see hidden files and folders before you can see in there.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi McManus,

Have a look in C:\Users\%me%\AppData\Local\Temp , where %me% is your user account name on your computer.

The temporary files should be in there, and will likely be in the form "PXWxxxxx.tmp". I have EMC 10 loaded at the moment, and that's where they go. I don't think it was changed in Creator 2009 [EMC 11].

You may have to tell Windows to allow you to see hidden files and folders before you can see in there.

Regards,

Brendon

Hey Brendon,

Thank you. That's exactly were the sucker was hiding. I checked the primary temp folder and the Roxio folder in the AppData, but somehow didn't think o check the Temp there. Thanks again

-Michael

Archived