• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc10 Incompatible With Previous Cd Label Creator

bowman711

Question

I am absolutely outraged that EMC10 is not compatible with the some fifty different CD labels I have created in previous versions. They will open in EMC10, and you can make changes to them, which I needed to do since in getting a new computer some of my previous fonts haven't carried forward. But, if you try to save it, the old file is corrupted so you can't open it again.

Even worse, you can make the changes you want, but trying to save it under a different file name using 'Save As' is no better. I have never seen a program in the more than thirty years of using personal computers that somehow messes up a file one can work on in a new edition of a program, when it is saved under a new a new name using 'Saved As' that does not work.

I tried using 'Save As A Style' to at least save the art-work, but that does not work either. So, if you buy EMC10, all the CD labels you have created in previous version are worthless. And, it takes quite a bit of time to create at least 50 CD labels for a second time . . . and that with no expectation that even they will even work whenever Roxio comes out with version 11.

2 answers to this question

So, if you buy EMC10, all the CD labels you have created in previous version are worthless. And, it takes quite a bit of time to create at least 50 CD labels for a second time . . . and that with no expectation that even they will even work whenever Roxio comes out with version 11.

Version 10.0 Label Creator had backward compatibility with many earlier .JWL files, but that went out the window with version 10.1 - which refuses even to handle saved labels from 10.0.

Version 11 is out, but for some confusing marketing reason it has been called Creator 2009. The Label Creator there is virtually identical to 10.1 and will happily handle files from 10.1 [but not 10.0 or earlier].

Archived