Can't Get Video To Show On Screen

canonman

Question

5 answers to this question

Thanks Red Wagon... I disconnected the VCR/ DVD player from the TV moved it closer to the computer and connected it in the back of the player and computer and it works perfect now... I assume that the plugs in front of both the computer and player was not what it wanted to work... Thanks reading some of the posts and your respose was a lot of help... Now I can copy all our tapes over to DVD's finally... Thanks, Molly

Thanks Red Wagon... I disconnected the VCR/ DVD player from the TV moved it closer to the computer and connected it in the back of the player and computer and it works perfect now... I assume that the plugs in front of both the computer and player was not what it wanted to work... Thanks reading some of the posts and your respose was a lot of help... Now I can copy all our tapes over to DVD's finally... Thanks, Molly

You're very welcome Molly. Glad you have it working right now. You are wise to be making DVD's of the old tapes too. No telling how long they will last. Smart move Molly !! :)

Frank...

What is different with yours?

My new program came in today and after downloading and then trying to use it after the update patch I have a blank screen.. I tried using the s-video adaptor and the composite video adaptor both with no luck still a blank screen... IS the problem my VHS is a combo DVD player burner.. I know there has to be some simple thing that I am not doing so could you please help me to get started so I can transfer my VHS to DVD's... Molly

Hi Molly

There have been several instances that I know of where using a combo VCR/DVD player causes problems. That may or may not be your specific problem but if you have some other straight VCR you can borrow, give that a try. If not, check the manual (if you have one) for the combo and make sure the options are set correctly for a VCR play rather than DVD.

Frank...

Archived