• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Canon Mini Dvd In Vr Format Mode

Kanecrew

Question

I have been recording video on my Canon mini DVD based cam corder and have many double-sided mini DVDs recorded in VR mode. I have purchased Roxio for the purpose of editing these video files. It does not appear that Roxio Creator 2009 is able to create an image file from a VR format disc or able to edit the VR format video files. What is intereting is that the Roxio CinePlayer is able to play the mini DVD VR format disk perfectly. WHat is my solution to be able to import these VR format video files and to edit them? Do I need to use a different software package?

4 answers to this question

With my CanonDVD I had no problem connectin to PC and capturing, but I am not sure if I recorded in VR mode or not. Set The camera to play and wait until the camera is recognized by Creator.

Not the same thing, the OP is removing the disc and attempting to import the files from disc.

Capture Devices are not part of a computer, he may not have one and if you have a camcorder with a DVD disc, capture is a redundant step…

Well it is only redundant if you can import from the DVD :lol:

Open MyDVD

Put the miniDVD in the drive

Wait until the drive reads the disc

Go to FILE / EDIT DVD Disc

Not sure if that will read VR format, but it might. MyDVD will actually create a DVD VR. Looks like there would be a way to edit them. LOL

I doubt it will work. VR seems to mean whatever anyone wants it to mean…

Try what Gary suggested but you will most likely have to Finalize or Close the discs in the camcorder in order to get any software to work with them.

Might be worth a try to ask Canon why their files are incompatible and what has to be done to make them a recognizable standard?

I doubt it will work. VR seems to mean whatever anyone wants it to mean…

Try what Gary suggested but you will most likely have to Finalize or Close the discs in the camcorder in order to get any software to work with them.

Might be worth a try to ask Canon why their files are incompatible and what has to be done to make them a recognizable standard?

With my CanonDVD I had no problem connectin to PC and capturing, but I am not sure if I recorded in VR mode or not. Set The camera to play and wait until the camera is recognized by Creator.

Archived