• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Please Help! Bluray Menu Transitions

Sonic

Question

Dear all,

We bought a license of DVDItPro HD to author a BluRay for one of our clients. After reading some of

the comments in this forum, I really hope that Sony DADC will accept the CMF master ... :unsure:

Anyway, we are facing another problem at the moment, and I have no idea how to fix it. We use

DVD Studio Pro for standard DVD authoring. The software offers an easy way to add menu transitions

and comes with several fades, wipes, etc.

We are now trying to do the same thing in DVDItPro HD, i.e. fade from one menu to another. Scott offered

some advice on this subject a while ago: The basic idea is to create a 'transition clip' and link from

menu A to menu B through this video. In other words:

Button "Next Menu" triggers the menu transition clip whose end jump is linked to menu B.

This sounds fine in theory, but the transition is not seamless. It doesn't make a difference to watch

the menu fade in the simulator or on a BluRay player (after burning the whole thing to a BD-RE).

There's alway a black 'gap' (or frame) before and after the menu transition clip. I think I don't have

to tell you how horrible and unprofessional this looks!

Could anyone of you please help us? Maybe we're doing something wrong. Could it be that the

seamless transition funtionality has to be activated first? If so, where's the 'magic button'?

Have you guys managed to produce BluRays with menu transitions?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

8 answers to this question

Corel (formerly Ulead) DVD Movie Factory 6 Plus has menu transitions in the program - it is rather basic but it can do that. Actually google "DVD Movie Factory 7" and you can download a test version from their Australian site (not available in U.S. yet). As opposed to DVDitProHD which uses elementary streams - DVD Movie Factory actually prefers .m2t files.

Dear all,

Many thanks for your help. It's unbelievable: BR menu transitions DO work in DVD Movie Factory 7!

So where's the difference between the $79 program and DVDItPro HD? Why do transitions work?Obviously, I cannot output a CMF with Corel's tool (that's why it's a bit useless for us) ...

I will download it, and will have a look into the muxed data! I guess they are using a trick to do so! maybe they are putting the 2 pieces together within one playlist.

as I mentioned before, there will be a tool in furture that could help in this situation (on mac)!

danny

Hi danny, have you had a chance to test the program? :)

Best wishes.

Dear all,

Many thanks for your help. It's unbelievable: BR menu transitions DO work in DVD Movie Factory 7!

So where's the difference between the $79 program and DVDItPro HD? Why do transitions work?Obviously, I cannot output a CMF with Corel's tool (that's why it's a bit useless for us) ...

I will download it, and will have a look into the muxed data! I guess they are using a trick to do so! maybe they are putting the 2 pieces together within one playlist.

as I mentioned before, there will be a tool in furture that could help in this situation (on mac)!

danny

Hi danny,

Many thanks for your reply. Just out of curiosity: Are you the "danny" from finalcutprofi.de?

So I guess - and to use a German word to sum this up - the whole situation is "beschi**en" ... :angry2:

You are unsing Encore on the Mac, am I right?

I cannot believe that the super-advanced BluRay does not offer such a funtionality. I mean, we really

do not need any fancy interactive popup menus or things like that. All I want to do is to fade from

menu 1 to menu 2. What a disappointment ... :huh:

Hi danny,

Many thanks for your reply. Just out of curiosity: Are you the "danny" from finalcutprofi.de?

So I guess - and to use a German word to sum this up - the whole situation is "beschi**en" ... :angry2:

I cannot believe that the super-advanced BluRay does not offer such a funtionality. I mean, we really

do not need any fancy interactive popup menus or things like that. All I want to do is to fade from

I don't think the failure is in the Blu-ray spec. DVDitPro HD is a limited program used to make simple DVDs so you can see your footage in an HD format. Just as everything else, you want it extra nice, then you have to pay for it.

Hi danny,

Corel (formerly Ulead) DVD Movie Factory 6 Plus has menu transitions in the program - it is rather basic but it can do that. Actually google "DVD Movie Factory 7" and you can download a test version from their Australian site (not available in U.S. yet). As opposed to DVDitProHD which uses elementary streams - DVD Movie Factory actually prefers .m2t files.

Hi Sonic,

I´m a MAC-user as well and I know what you would like to do because I´m a DVD Studio Pro professional.

in one word: this is not possible because of the BD-spec, and especially with DVDitHD is it even more not possible.

it was set within the specs, that there has to be black between every playlist (what you call track in DVDSP). there is no VMG and no VTSM on a BD. every single clip, or a group of clips will be within a playlist, even a menu is within a playlist. on top of the playlist there is the IG-stream (interactive-grafic-stream), but DVDitHD do not offer this feature! all you can do, is create a classic button-overlay as you know from DVD.

that´s one of the reasons, I hate it especially, Sonic Scenarist ist FAR to expensive, and there are a lot bugs you have to care within, if your using DVDitHD, and the ROXIO support is not very bad.

If you want to create professional BDs on MAC OS for replication, please send a PM, I will tell you how this would work.

danny

PS: DVDitHD6.4 creates vaild sony CMF 0.92, but version 6.3 will NOT create valid images for replication.

Hi danny,

correct! :)

welll - there is a different philosophie with BD!

at the moment I´m using DVDitHD and adobe encore depending on the projects, but you can´t create BDCMF for replication with encore!

please feel free to PM me, maybe through the FCP.de-board ;)

there will be another solution in future on mac

danny

Archived