• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd To File Copy

BobsOldy

Question

<_< After last night I can not longer copy a DVD I made to a file. I have converted lots of VCR tape to DVDs and am make file to go on my Zune. After last night I get a not granting access to either of my DVD drives so can't copy any more. I had to go back to my Studio 10.5 to keep going. Customer Support was of no help - they just said to restore to the day before. Who saves their system daily and before every update??!!

9 answers to this question

Well, someone is getting cheated - I get at least one update a day since I have gotten 2009 a week ago. Maybe it is just they are catching me up to what they should have put on the install DVD.

I still can't get the Video Convert in 2009 to work. Now it starts to run before I have a chance to put in the destination information. It seems to think I want to burn an Xvid DVD. I cancel it and then try to input the destination stuff in and then the Input DVD name is not there anymore. So I will just use the one in 10.5 - I know it works.

Click on the desktop Roxio icon. When it opens, click on Help, then About This Software. Right under Roxio Creator 2009, what do you show for a version number?

Well, someone is getting cheated - I get at least one update a day since I have gotten 2009 a week ago. Maybe it is just they are catching me up to what they should have put on the install DVD.

I still can't get the Video Convert in 2009 to work. Now it starts to run before I have a chance to put in the destination information. It seems to think I want to burn an Xvid DVD. I cancel it and then try to input the destination stuff in and then the Input DVD name is not there anymore. So I will just use the one in 10.5 - I know it works.

There is something wrong with your install or with your system.

There are no updates to C2009 every day - ther have been only 3 SP and nothing else.

What if anything did you install between the program working and not working?

If it happened overnight after an update or another install, you will have a restore point of the day before (it's automatic unless you deliberately turned it off)

I have had Roxio since version 8. I am not a newbie. I just got 2009 a week ago. I have a stack of DVD I made from VCR tapes I have been converting to files since I got an 80 BG Zune that can play them once I can make a file. This process has been going fine until last night. I have had at least 1 update to my 2009 every day since I got it. Most are the kind you have to reboot. Last night after an update I can no longer open the DVD drive or get a message that I am not granted access to the DVD. Now what??!! I went back to my 10.5 Studio and it worked fine so I got a file from it. It had to be a problem with the last update to 2009 that came just as I brought up 2009. I hit the reboot message on the update and nothing else so why is all the fingers pointing at me??!! I just want 2009 Vidio Convert to work at it has until last night.

I have had Roxio since version 8. I am not a newbie. I just got 2009 a week ago. I have a stack of DVD I made from VCR tapes I have been converting to files since I got an 80 BG Zune that can play them once I can make a file. This process has been going fine until last night. I have had at least 1 update to my 2009 every day since I got it. Most are the kind you have to reboot. Last night after an update I can no longer open the DVD drive or get a message that I am not granted access to the DVD. Now what??!! I went back to my 10.5 Studio and it worked fine so I got a file from it. It had to be a problem with the last update to 2009 that came just as I brought up 2009. I hit the reboot message on the update and nothing else so why is all the fingers pointing at me??!! I just want 2009 Vidio Convert to work at it has until last night.

What updates are you talking about? There has not been "1 update to my 2009 every day". There have been 3 Service Packs issued since C2009 was released and nothing else.

I didn't ask about any specific update or installation - I meant ALL updates, including MS, other apps - anything at all

For a program to work one day and not the nexr, something happened. As you are not a newbie, surely you will know what was done in the interim

Archived