• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video DVDs menus - unable to "set button picture"?

jabrowner

Question

I've noticed that, when creating menus for video DVDs, I am sometimes unable to select a frame from the video as the button picture -- all I get is a black square. Anyone ever have this happen and know of a solution? I've mainly been burning .avi to DVD using Toast 6.0. The files play fine in Quicktime, and I do not have Quicktime Pro so I cannot work with the video tracks directly.

2 answers to this question

I've noticed that, when creating menus for video DVDs, I am sometimes unable to select a frame from the video as the button picture -- all I get is a black square. Anyone ever have this happen and know of a solution? I've mainly been burning .avi to DVD using Toast 6.0. The files play fine in Quicktime, and I do not have Quicktime Pro so I cannot work with the video tracks directly.

Have you had any success yet getting a button picture?

I've got Toast 7 and have been having the same problem with some .avi files. Would love to figure this out, too.

The way it works for me is to click on the thumbnail image. A scroll bar appears underneath and I can drag it to select a different frame for the button picture. If Toast is showing a black box it must be having difficulty reading the AVI.

Archived