Extracting Native Audio Track

BagpiperDude

Question

Related to another thread I need to know how to extract the audio from an avi video file so that I can save it as a wav file. I then plan to clean it up using SoundSoap and then import it back into my video production.

My questions are how to extract the audio file from an avi file as a wav file and how do you import it back into a video production?

6 answers to this question

In addition to what Maltekid said, you then have to mute the native audio track. To do it, right click on the video, in either Storyline or Timeline view, then click on Edit, and select Native Audio. In the Overall volume slider, grab the triangle, and pull it all the way to the left, then click OK.

Well, I've tried about every configuration on the SoundSoap software and I can't seem to clean up the audio. I end up making it worse or muffled. Does anyone have a suggestion of what settings I need to use in order to remove the motor sound of the camera? I'm using SoundSoap SE that came with the Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate software.

Would the purchase of the SoundSoap 2 software program do a better job of cleaning up the audio?

From Media Manager, or within Media Selector, right click the video clip file and select Extract Audio.

To bring in an audio file to a Videowave production, switch to Timeline, select Media Selector, browse to the folder where the audio file is located, and drag that file to available audio track in Videowave.

Would the purchase of the SoundSoap 2 software program do a better job of cleaning up the audio?

Certain noise like motors, fans and wind have plagued audio recording from the days of the scratching waxed cylinders!

The "noise" is in the same frequencies as the voices that you want to preserve. As you noticed, reducing the noise also reduces the voices…

Soundsoap 2??? That is a lot of money and in the end you are buying a promise… I would do a lot more research into it! Looking for testimony from people who had success doing what you want it to do. Returnable would be good!

Well, I've tried about every configuration on the SoundSoap software and I can't seem to clean up the audio. I end up making it worse or muffled. Does anyone have a suggestion of what settings I need to use in order to remove the motor sound of the camera? I'm using SoundSoap SE that came with the Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate software.

The free version and the pay for version are the same. I know! :angry: The only difference is the integreation in certain software rather than a stand alone.

Sorry that didn't work for you. If SoundSoap didn't do it, I don't know if this will work. - download and run the trial ersion of Gold Wave. It is better than Sound Soap but harder to use. The free trial is very lenient. The options will keep you busy playing with the program for a long time - at least until you get an external mic for the camera for future recordings. They do have a forum so perhaps you can get a hint on minimizing that noise from there.

In addition to what Maltekid said, you then have to mute the native audio track. To do it, right click on the video, in either Storyline or Timeline view, then click on Edit, and select Native Audio. In the Overall volume slider, grab the triangle, and pull it all the way to the left, then click OK.

The free version and the pay for version are the same. I know! :angry: The only difference is the integreation in certain software rather than a stand alone.

Sorry that didn't work for you. If SoundSoap didn't do it, I don't know if this will work. - download and run the trial ersion of Gold Wave. It is better than Sound Soap but harder to use. The free trial is very lenient. The options will keep you busy playing with the program for a long time - at least until you get an external mic for the camera for future recordings. They do have a forum so perhaps you can get a hint on minimizing that noise from there.

Thanks. I will give this website a look and try the software. It's sounding like I need to invest into an external mic. I'll let you know what I find out for reference in the forum.

Archived