• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Computer crash when i open audio central

I installed easy cd & dvd creator platinum on my computer again and got al the updates there are.

When i want to open audio central my computer crashes and restarts.

Never had this problem before.

I have windows xp home sp2.

From Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs, choose Repair.

I installed easy cd & dvd creator platinum on my computer again and got al the updates there are.

Thank you for responding so quick.

I did wat you asked but it dindt work.

Thank you for responding so quick.

I did wat you asked but it dindt work.

Between uninstall and reinstall, did you use roxizap to clean out the remnants?

(The URL is in FREQUENT ANSWERS, pinned to the top of the board - a lot of other useful info is in there also.)

Lynn

Between uninstall and reinstall, did you use roxizap to clean out the remnants?

(The URL is in FREQUENT ANSWERS, pinned to the top of the board - a lot of other useful info is in there also.)

Lynn

I did everything you asked for and now i reinstalled it but have the same problems.

Could it be a conflict with other software?

Is it ONLY audio central that is giving you the problem?.

Yes it is only aoudio central who makes the trouble.

Now i reinstalled the program without the updates and its thesame again.

When you reinstalled, did you do the following in the exact order:

Go into your add/remove programs and remove Roxio.......then use this Roxio utility called Roxizap that you can use to remove all remnants of Roxio/Adaptec software for you.

You can get roxizap here: http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

Then re-install from your installation disc. If you require any updates they are on the left of this page (Software Updates) make sure you apply the correct one, Basic or Platinum.

When you reinstalled, did you do the following in the exact order:

Go into your add/remove programs and remove Roxio.......then use this Roxio utility called Roxizap that you can use to remove all remnants of Roxio/Adaptec software for you.

You can get roxizap here: http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

Then re-install from your installation disc. If you require any updates they are on the left of this page (Software Updates) make sure you apply the correct one, Basic or Platinum.

Yes i did it in the exact order,same problem.

I did it once again and shut of al my security (kaspersky) but did not work.

Hardwareproblem?

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen this exact type of problem before with a system using Roxio media player,after a few hour of bench time and diagnostics,it was a faullty simm module(i.e. a bad stick of ram).As I've stated in the past,you MUST have perfect,excellent hardware or you'll get coasters,crashes,etc.I have this software going back to Adaptec v3.0

Hint:always use Plextor drives and TDK media for good performance.

I've seen this exact type of problem before with a system using Roxio media player,after a few hour of bench time and diagnostics,it was a faullty simm module(i.e. a bad stick of ram).As I've stated in the past,you MUST have perfect,excellent hardware or you'll get coasters,crashes,etc.I have this software going back to Adaptec v3.0

Hint:always use Plextor drives and TDK media for good performance.

It's nice you've found a brand of drive (very expensive) and media that work for you.

However, others report excellent results with Benq drives, among others. And while I've had excellent results with TDK (who are soon going to be outsourcing their discs like everyone else instead of making their own), Verbatim also has been repeatedly mentioned as producing outstanding results.

Generally, a properly-working burner, a properly-working computer, defraggaging the Hard Drive, turning off unneeded programs like screen saver and AV during the burn, and avoiding Memorex seems to do the trick.

If you are having problems with the software-burner-media combination, it's a good idea to check with your burner manufacturer for recommended brands of media. And avoid Memorex, even if you can get it cheap.

Lynn

Archived