• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Netflix Passes 10 Million Subscribers

cdanteek

article...click here...

The world's largest online movie rental service, today announced it has surpassed 10 million subscribers, a milestone that reflects the widespread and growing appeal of the company's service. For one low monthly price, Netflix members can get unlimited DVDs delivered to their homes quickly and can instantly watch unlimited movies and TV episodes streamed over the internet to their TVs and computers.

In crossing the 10 million subscriber threshold last night, Netflix has added more than 600,000 net subscribers since January 1. The company recently reported having surpassed nine million subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2008 and having ended the year with 9.4 million subscribers.

For what its worth, I prefer Netflix over Blockbuster.

I know the online-rental-exchange-for-another-movie at the brick-n-mortar is great, but I have had too many "very long waits" that take forever to clear from Blockbuster. Netflix will ship that movie from a far away location, so you do get it, albeit a few days later than if shipped from your hometown. Blockbuster always seems to want it to ship from your local area, so if its in high demand there, tough luck.

At least that's my experience. :)

Archived