• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Cd Unreadable In Cd Players

yonin

Question

Hi!

I have a big problem. When I record an audio CD, it is unreadable in my car CD player or any other CD player I try to play it. I heard that the cause of it can lay in Windows Vista. Is there any way to record audio in this system and make it playable?

Thanks in advance,

Michal.

15 answers to this question

Hi!

I have a big problem. When I record an audio CD, it is unreadable in my car CD player or any other CD player I try to play it. I heard that the cause of it can lay in Windows Vista. Is there any way to record audio in this system and make it playable?

Thanks in advance,

Michal.

Use Media Disc Creator, part of the Creator 2009 software. It works a treat.

It almost seems as if you are making an mp3 disc which would work on your computer but not on a CD player. If you put the disc in your computer and explore it, what do you see?

What brand of blank cd are you using?

I don't have that version on my computer but are you sure you are pressing record rather than the more logical "burn"? As I said, I don't have that version so I don't remember what the actual "burn" control is named.

The burnt CD can be read as audio on my laptop, but is unreadable in other CD players. CDs burnt on my other PC with Windows XP works fine with them. That's why I'm thinking it's the Windows Vista issue. You haven't run into such problem? Don't you know if there's some workaround?

The stereo system I try to play the CD with, can also read MP3 discs. Blank CDs brand Verbatim. When I insert the CD into the PC I recorded it with, it is read as Audio CD. I guess, I'll just install some virtual pc with Windows 98 (it doesn't take much space) and some free CD burning software and I won't have those problems anymore.

One possibility is that somehow the disc has been left 'open'

Try it this way - instead of directly burning to the disc, make an image file on the hard drive and open that with Disc Copier (that way you will be sure that it is finalised and closed

The burnt CD can be read as audio on my laptop, but is unreadable in other CD players. CDs burnt on my other PC with Windows XP works fine with them. That's why I'm thinking it's the Windows Vista issue. You haven't run into such problem? Don't you know if there's some workaround?

I don't have Vista, but you can try Vista's "in-house" burning software, and see if that works.

My wife has Vista, on her laptop, so I will give it a shot, in the morning.

Michal,

What part of the Easy Media Creator suite are you burning this audio CD with ?

The Vista Live File system will burn discs which can be played on a Vista PC but NOT on anything else, but if you're using the EMC suite it should be producing standard [and readable] burned audio CDs even though you're running it in Vista, because EMC doesn't use the Live File System.

Archived