• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Scratchy Audio Input

Steve O Video

Question

Hi all. I'm new to the forum, and really like learning from those that have been using this program for awhile. I purchased Creator 2009 last December, and transferred quite a few VHS tapes to files, then burned them to DVD without much problem. A few times while capturing video, the audio portion would be quite scratchy, (as if the volume was overpowering the speaker). When that would happen, I would sometimes shut down the program, disable the capture device, and plug it back in and allow the drivers to re-load, and it would once again record more clearly.

The last two days I've been unable to use this method to rectify this "scratchy audio" problem. I've checked connections on both the VHS deck and capture device, but nothing seems amiss. I would appreciate any further knowledge others could share about fixing this issue.

Thanks!

Steve

4 answers to this question

Thank you Jim for the replies.

I think I found the problem. The sound that seems to overpower the input only happens on certain segments of tape, and so I knew it must have been a input problem.

I went into (Vista) Control Panel>Sounds>Recording>Line (USB 2861 Device) and then found the input was at maximum. I made an adjustment toward the middle, and then went back and tried uploading that same segment of video, and that was the fix I needed!

Just wanted to share for anyone experiencing similar problems.

Steve

I was referring to the USB device that came packaged with the program. Sometimes I believe the smaller plug came loose from the device, and I thought that might be part of the problem, but this time that doesn't seem to be the issue.

So you actually have the Creator 2009 Special Edition.

This practice you are doing of disabling drivers I find amazing that you haven't rendered the device useless by now…

Look at the Properties of your Capture Device in Device Manager and make sure they are the same as the ones listed Here. If not Delete both of the device entries, unplug – re-plug and follow the instructions in the article.

Using short cables and plugging the device into a port on the back of your PC may eliminate some common problems we have seen with USB capture.

Archived