• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sirius Xm Looking Into Bankruptcy

cdanteek

article..click here....

Sirius XM, which never turned a profit when both companies were independent, is laden with $3.25 billion in debt. Its business model has been dependent, in part, on the ability to roll over its enormous debts — used to finance sending satellites into space and attract talent like Mr. Stern (who was paid $100 million a year) — at low rates for the foreseeable future until it could turn a profit.

It is unclear how a bankruptcy would affect customers. Service is unlikely to be interrupted, but the company might have to terminate contracts with high-priced talent like Mr. Stern or Martha Stewart.

I just bought a new car 5 months ago cd and the car was equiped with XM satelite electronics. They gave me 3 months free on XM. After the 3 months were up they (XM Radio) began calling me about once a week wanting me to sign on for another year. I listened to it maybe a dozen times. I finally told them to go fly a kite. Now look where I'd be had I signed on---who knows ? But glad I didn't :D

Frank...

I just bought a new car 5 months ago cd and the car was equiped with XM satelite electronics. They gave me 3 months free on XM. After the 3 months were up they (XM Radio) began calling me about once a week wanting me to sign on for another year. I listened to it maybe a dozen times. I finally told them to go fly a kite. Now look where I'd be had I signed on---who knows ? But glad I didn't :D

Frank...

I dunno... maybe you're one contract may have convinced them that they could make it. You could be the reason they're looking into bankruptcy. :P

I have had Sirius for about 4 yrs. Unfortuneately for me I just renewed my contract last December. While I do like some of the channels, I think Howard Stern is overpaid by about $9,999,999.99. I once saw his show on TV late at night--I fell asleep in front of the TV and woke up with him on it. I have seen a lot of junk on TV in the past but his show was just plain gross--totally lacking in any entertainment value! Why anyone would pay to listen to him is beyond me! That aside, I will miss the good music without all the commercial interruptions should it go belly up--there aren't any good commercial radio stations in my community.

Archived