• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Help

kevin34

Question

Hi

i am trying to burn to avi file's on to a memorex recordable 16x.4.7gb .120min dvd-r this is how i do it. open up roxio click on video-movies then copy and convert dvd-video. i have it on video compilation it has it content quality excellent the write speed is 16x{21.6mb/sec everything is fine till i try to play it on my dvd payer picture is so hazy looking. can anyone tell me what to do please?

thank you i have roxio creator 2009 special edition version 1.1.110 sp3:450.05a

5 answers to this question

Hi Kevin: Gave us everything but what really counts for this problem :lol:

Length of Play???

A 4.7Gb DVD holds 1 hour a Best Quality. Every thing beyond that is done at a cost in quality, the more you pack, the worse it gets.

Likewise you want to start by creating your ISO at Best Quality. Then VCC will re-render to fit and VCC is the best program in the Suite to do this.

But as far a VCC's opinion about it being 'excellent' – it told me that on a 4 hour creation that looked horrible when viewed!

Oh, Memorex is considerd to be the Bottom Feeder of the media world by most. Don't hear any complaints about Verbatim...

Hi Jim_Hardin

1 lenght is 01:29:32 the size is 700mb

2 length is 01:36:47 the size is 699mb

i also have nero 8 ultra edition. and the weird thing is when i burn the same 2 avi files with nero 8 and go to play them in my dvd player the picture is good.

thank you

You are putting 3:05:50 on one DVD?

Even if you aren't you would still be putting 1/2 more than a DVD is designed to hold.

If you do them as I suggested (MyDVD/Video Copy & Convert) you will get the best results you are going to get. If you do them in MyDVD alone, it will be less.

If you are happer with Nero, use that.

Hi Jim_Hardin

1 lenght is 01:29:32 the size is 700mb

2 length is 01:36:47 the size is 699mb

i also have nero 8 ultra edition. and the weird thing is when i burn the same 2 avi files with nero 8 and go to play them in my dvd player the picture is good.

thank you

Are you burning those two files (DvivX format ??) to DVD as data or are you creating a proper video DVD using Nero 8?

Hi myguggi

when i use my nero 8 to burn the 2 avi files i open up nero 8 then in to nero vision 5 click make dvd then dvd-video then add video files that is how i burn them. can you tell me where to look to see if they are dvivx format? i did what Jim_Hardin told me to do and use mydvd/video copy convert in roxio that seems to help with video picture.

thank you