Roxio Creator 2009 Videowave Run Time Error

newtown

Question

Having used Videowave successfully for several weeks after a previous Clean Uninstall and Re-install, all of a sudden, after opening Videowave by clicking on the Home Page icon "Edit Videowave-Advanced" and clicking on Browse or New Production I get the following error screens:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Program: Runtime Error

... gram Files\Roxio Creator 2009\VideoU1 11\VideoWave 11.exe

abnormal program termination ....................................................and, after clicking on OK,

R6025 pure virtue function call ... after clicking on OK, Videowave closes and returns to Creator Home Page

Specs: Windows XP Professional SP3, NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS graphics card, Videowave set to software rendering, Windows Direct X downloaded and installed (again) 02/15/2009

I can open and work on any of the productions appearing in the Videowave opening window, but cannot browse to and open a previous production or start a new production as I could after the above Uninstall/Reinstall (which fixed the same problem described above). Must I go thru the Uninstall/Re-install everytime the above error messages appear? What causes the above error messages?

9 answers to this question

Yes you will have to do the Clean Install.

Not sure what is breaking it afterward but AV software, Registry Cleaners specifically, are known to cause problems…

Thank you for your input - I will Clean Install.

As to possible causes, it might be of interest to you and to others with the same problem as mine that I had installed RegCure thinking that might help (not a good idea it seems). Also, I noticed that McAfee frequently tells me that "my PC is unprotected" and asks me to click "Fix" - I was unable to determine from the maze of McAfee screens exactly what the problem was and what was to be fixed, but clicked "Fix" anyway. I made sure that McAfee was disabled in my last Clean Install.

Also, within the last month a Windows Essencials (sic - with a "c" rather than a "t") screen has been appearing at bootup asking me to install what appear to be codec updates. My research on the Web seems to suggest others have experienced the same phenomenon but nobody seems to know why. I never clicked on Install.

I will uninstall RegCure and consider replacing my anti virus software with Norton Symantec.

Thank you for your help and the insight your forum provides.

Did you by any chance install a codec pack from mediacodec.org?

Check this link

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...3-928be4441949/

If memory serves, I installed Windows Essentials (with a "t") Codec Pack 6-12 months ago when I was having problems with Cucusoft's DVD to iPod Convertor. As I recall, I downloaded Windows Essentials via the Cucsoft Home Page at Cucusoft's recommendation.

The only way I could get rid of the annoying Windows Essencials (with a "c") Codec Pack Udate pop-up (apparently rom mediacode.org) was to uninstall Windows Essentials (with a "t"). I did this about a week ago. Since then Roxio's Videowave continued to ioperate properly until this morning. Is there a connection? Am I overlooking the obvious? I have no further need of the Cucusoft program - maybe I should uninstall that as well?

It seems that the codec crowd have had a severe case of typoes in their update notification - that's what it looks like :lol:

Some posts I have seen report that when they click on the Windows Essencials (with a "c") Update pop-up, nothing happens. Other posts suggest that it is malware - I never clicked on Yes to find out. Go figure.

Having used Videowave successfully for several weeks after a previous Clean Uninstall and Re-install, all of a sudden, after opening Videowave by clicking on the Home Page icon "Edit Videowave-Advanced" and clicking on Browse or New Production I get the following error screens:

abnormal program termination ....................................................and, after clicking on OK,

R6025 pure virtue function call ... after clicking on OK, Videowave closes and returns to Creator Home Page

Specs: Windows XP Professional SP3, NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS graphics card, Videowave set to software rendering, Windows Direct X downloaded and installed (again) 02/15/2009

I can open and work on any of the productions appearing in the Videowave opening window, but cannot browse to and open a previous production or start a new production as I could after the above Uninstall/Reinstall (which fixed the same problem described above). Must I go thru the Uninstall/Re-install everytime the above error messages appear? What causes the above error messages?

I am getting the exact same issue. The software worked fine in February/March. The only update I've done is for Roxio.

Specs for me: Windows XP Home SP3, Radeon X1950 PRo Graphics Card, Win Direct X re-installed 4/29/2009.

I've completed two clean un-installs and still having the same problem. Nothing seems to work to rectify the problem. Given the number of identical problems I would think Roxio would have addressed this issue with some sort of update/patch...at least something other than un-install/re-install.

Archived