Easy Dvdcopy 2 Premier

jannwebb

I'm running Windows Vista. I have installed my new software "Easy DVDCopy 2 Premier". Immediately it tells me "A component is missing. Please reinstall Disc Copier. I have repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled several times.

My objective is to copy a DVD to a folder and then put it on my iPod.

When I open Disc Copier, I choose the source as my E: drive. I choose DVD-Video Folder as the destination. BUT, the save as button is disabled.

Under Tools I click on Disc and Device Utility and it says that the DVD is not recordable. I have tried several different DVDs.

If I cannot record any of my DVDs then what was the point of paying $80 for this software that claims to copy movies?!!

Help!!!!

I'm running Windows Vista. I have installed my new software "Easy DVDCopy 2 Premier". Immediately it tells me "A component is missing. Please reinstall Disc Copier. I have repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled several times.

When I open Disc Copier, I choose the source as my E: drive. I choose DVD-Video Folder as the destination. BUT, the save as button is disabled.

Under Tools I click on Disc and Device Utility and it says that the DVD is not recordable. I have tried several different DVDs.

If I cannot record any of my DVDs then what was the point of paying $80 for this software that claims to copy movies?!!

Help!!!!

If your objective is to copy commercial DVDs and put those on your ipod, you should try and get a refund.

Help!!!!

"Easy DVDCopy 2 Premier"? Where did you get that? It does not appear on the Roxio website? There is a "Easy DVDCopy 4 Premier" but that is ony $50.

"copy movies" means that it copies unprotected movies since anything else is illegal and no "legal" software will do it.

If your objective is to copy commercial DVDs and put those on your ipod, you should try and get a refund.

Since it's 1986 software, the buyer might have difficulty getting a refund from the seller. It seems to be available "out there" for as little as $20.

post-208-1234656195.jpg

I think it's actually 2006 ;)

Roxio Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Premier

Robin Morris (PC Advisor (UK)) 22/06/2006 09:00:59

If there's been a theme running through the major IT innovations of recent years, it's that you should be able to access your data from any location and at any time.

The sheer convenience of the iPod and the PlayStation Portable (PSP) makes them obvious targets for any software company trying to tap into the portability push. The next two months will see Roxio and Pinnacle unveil remarkably similar products. ....

...Roxio's Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Premier is an update to the popular Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Deluxe. The Premier edition can copy DVD movies directly onto a PlayStation Portable (PSP) or iPod with video support. We found this feature worked quite well and, while there aren't an awful lot of options, the results were more than adequate....

...This software provides a lot of impressive features for a very modest price. However, note the fact that you can't get around copy encryption with this product.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/ta...0;pid;1846;pt;1

I think it's actually 2006 ;)

Roxio Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Premier

Robin Morris (PC Advisor (UK)) 22/06/2006 09:00:59

If there's been a theme running through the major IT innovations of recent years, it's that you should be able to access your data from any location and at any time.

The sheer convenience of the iPod and the PlayStation Portable (PSP) makes them obvious targets for any software company trying to tap into the portability push. The next two months will see Roxio and Pinnacle unveil remarkably similar products. ....

...Roxio's Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Premier is an update to the popular Easy DVD Copy 2.0 Deluxe. The Premier edition can copy DVD movies directly onto a PlayStation Portable (PSP) or iPod with video support. We found this feature worked quite well and, while there aren't an awful lot of options, the results were more than adequate....

...This software provides a lot of impressive features for a very modest price. However, note the fact that you can't get around copy encryption with this product.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/ta...0;pid;1846;pt;1

The article from pc world does include the following language:

"though you can't copy encrypted or copy-protected DVDs".

As an ipod Classic (i.e., video) owner, I understand the frustration of those who would like to put a dvd they bought onto their ipod or psp, etc.

But no legitimate company sells software that circumvents Macrovision's copy-protection system.

Sorry, I was off trying to install Easy VHS to DVD into Vista and missed all the excitement.

Forgive me friends, I made a grievous typo. I meant to type 2006 - meaning the software was two years old - but de debbil made me do it. I don't know how I can live with myself after that, but I'll try hard. :lol:

Back to the software, I think it will be a subset of EMC 9, which is of course one of Soxio's "Legacy" products. Disc Copier 9 will not breach the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and break the protection on commercial DVDs.

Humble regards,

Brendon

Well, thanks, guys! So this means that I actually cannot copy my own purchased movies onto my iPod. My only choice is to buy them through iTunes? argh!!

Sorry, I was off trying to install Easy VHS to DVD into Vista and missed all the excitement.

Forgive me friends, I made a grievous typo. I meant to type 2006 - meaning the software was two years old - but de debbil made me do it. I don't know how I can live with myself after that, but I'll try hard. :lol:

Back to the software, I think it will be a subset of EMC 9, which is of course one of Soxio's "Legacy" products. Disc Copier 9 will not breach the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and break the protection on commercial DVDs.

Humble regards,

Brendon

Actually the 'legal' position is you didn't buy the movies - you only bought a license to watch them. You only 'own' the disc itself but not the contents. Crazy but that's how it is

The studio accountants keep coming up with ways to make you pay more for less

Really? That's how it is? Darn! Well, I'm gonna' find some software that'll help me get past that encryption stuff. LOL! I'm not for paying all that to iTunes again, even though it probably goes to the right party.

When we first got VCRs I remember movies were scrambled for a while...

Bound to be a way around it (any copyright cops listening? I'm just kidding, officer, really.....)

Actually the 'legal' position is you didn't buy the movies - you only bought a license to watch them. You only 'own' the disc itself but not the contents. Crazy but that's how it is

The studio accountants keep coming up with ways to make you pay more for less

Really? That's how it is? Darn! Well, I'm gonna' find some software that'll help me get past that encryption stuff. LOL! I'm not for paying all that to iTunes again, even though it probably goes to the right party.

When we first got VCRs I remember movies were scrambled for a while...

Bound to be a way around it (any copyright cops listening? I'm just kidding, officer, really.....)

No "legal, reputable" software will break copy protection. Practically all commercial VHS movies have some form of copy protection.

Archived