• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mpeg-2 Codec(s) Error

Mimsathome

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm getting the following error message. I've done a complete clean install, did the DXSETUP.exe for my system and I'm getting the following message in VideoWave when I try to add an MPEG-2 file to edit:

The following codec(s) must be activated before using the application:

MPEG-2

Click OK to activate or CANCEL to abort

I click OK

No permission - bad installation

OK

I'm at my wits end. Anyone have an idea on what I should do next? I'm in the process of downloading the following two files, in the hopes it might fix this:

RoxioEasyMediaCreator10.1_FA80AA50R13.exe

and

RoxioEMC10ContentCD_3833BA50SQA.exe

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas.

Mims

4 answers to this question

Hi all,

I've managed to fix the problem. I downloaded the files I mentioned in my earlier post:

and

These completely uninstalled the older (bad) version of EMC10 and installed EMC 10.1, a different version. Bingo, problem solved.

Mims

High fives to you, Mims! I am glad that the updates worked for you.

Hello everyone,

I'm getting the following error message. I've done a complete clean install, did the DXSETUP.exe for my system and I'm getting the following message in VideoWave when I try to add an MPEG-2 file to edit:

The following codec(s) must be activated before using the application:

MPEG-2

Click OK to activate or CANCEL to abort

I click OK

No permission - bad installation

OK

I'm at my wits end. Anyone have an idea on what I should do next? I'm in the process of downloading the following two files, in the hopes it might fix this:

and

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas.

Mims

That usually means you have remnants of a previous version of Roxio, on your computer.

EMC 9 was the only suite that had the activation problem. EMC 10 had a "silent" activation.

If the downloads don't cure the problem, follow the clean install instructions, in the following link. But first, go to msconfig, click on the Startup tab, and uncheck any Roxio entries, click Apply, the OK, then reboot, and follow the clean install directions.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=41967

Hi all,

I've managed to fix the problem. I downloaded the files I mentioned in my earlier post:

and

These completely uninstalled the older (bad) version of EMC10 and installed EMC 10.1, a different version. Bingo, problem solved.

Mims

Archived