• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What Is Creator De?

James_Yang

Creator DE is a cut-down Dell version of one of the Easy Media Creator suites. If you run it, and go to Help >About this software, it should tell you a version number.

I don't think any of the Gurus here have a copy of that software so unless another Dell user steps in to help, you may just have to follow your nose. If you tell me the version number I can point you to a PDF manual for the FULL retail version, and that might give you some guidance.

Be aware though, that Dell have decided what features should be in their suite, and what features should be missing or crippled, so the manual will be talking of some programs you won't have.

Thank you so much! Here is the version numbers listed in the Help -> About:

----------------------------------------------

Creator DE

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 4.10.28a, 31

Module Name: Roxio Central Core

Version: 3.7.0

Build: 370B20A, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Tools

Build: 370B07B, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Data

Build: 370B08A, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Copy

Build: 370B07A, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Audio

Build: 370B10A, DLD

--------------------------------------------

Maybe I have to buy a new Creator. :( :(

Creator DE is a cut-down Dell version of one of the Easy Media Creator suites. If you run it, and go to Help >About this software, it should tell you a version number.

I don't think any of the Gurus here have a copy of that software so unless another Dell user steps in to help, you may just have to follow your nose. If you tell me the version number I can point you to a PDF manual for the FULL retail version, and that might give you some guidance.

Be aware though, that Dell have decided what features should be in their suite, and what features should be missing or crippled, so the manual will be talking of some programs you won't have.

Hello James,

I think that one is a cut-down version of EMC 9. There's a copy of the manual for that available HERE.

The idea of the cut-down OEM versions seems to be to [a] give you a minimal amount of burning software, and tease you into buying the retail version. :(

Archived