Can't get Sonic Cineplayer working

williat1

Question

The sonic cineplayer to watch dvd movies. Chuck

I've spent 5 hours trying to get this program to start up. I've downloaded it several times onto my desktop and double clicked to start but get a message saying it's not loaded correctly and to remove/repair it using control panel option........however it doesn't appear ianywhere in the listing.

Anyone any ideas. I've only bought the program today. On someone else's help posting, the official reply was that the unlock code was incorrectly entered and it should have 18 digits......mine only has 17....any ideas.

williat1

11 answers to this question

If the OP went to the Sonic site then Cineplayer 3.2 might be right but the OP said it was purchased off the Roxio web site which is version 3.9.1. Clearly the Sonic and Roxio web sites are not in sync. I am not sure why version 5 is not available since it is bundled with Creator 2009.

I thought I'd purchased it direct from Roxio, however the invoice heading is Sonic Solutions. I purchased a windows Vista version which is entitled ESD-Cineplayer DVD_D vista v 1.0.

I'm going to try your advice this evening....I'll let you know what happens.

Regards

Williat1

I've spent 5 hours trying to get this program to start up. I've downloaded it several times onto my desktop and double clicked to start but get a message saying it's not loaded correctly and to remove/repair it using control panel option........however it doesn't appear ianywhere in the listing.

Anyone any ideas. I've only bought the program today. On someone else's help posting, the official reply was that the unlock code was incorrectly entered and it should have 18 digits......mine only has 17....any ideas.

williat1

Try Windows Uninstaller to see if it is listed and if so, use that to uninstall. Read all the warnings.

Next time, make sure that you have checked your hard drive for malware and have thoroughly defragged it. When you install it, make sure that you have nothing else running on your computer INCLUDING your anti-virus, anti-malware, e-mail, games.

Where did you buy the software? Directly from Roxio, from a store, or from something like e-bay? If you got it from e-bay, you may have been tricked into buying a non-functional piece of software. Contact that seller.

BTW the way that was a free version that probably came with a Dell computer.

What operating system do you have XP or Vista' 32 or 64?

Now I see what the OP bought. It's the Cineplayer DVD decoder for Windows VISTA Media Player plug-in.

Did you launch Windows Media Player and then try to play the DVD?

No. I thought I'd have a Roxio screen with various options, but I don't get anything at all. Does this program run silently in the background? Should I have launched Windows Media Player?

Regards

Williat1

Try Windows Uninstaller to see if it is listed and if so, use that to uninstall. Read all the warnings.

Next time, make sure that you have checked your hard drive for malware and have thoroughly defragged it. When you install it, make sure that you have nothing else running on your computer INCLUDING your anti-virus, anti-malware, e-mail, games.

Where did you buy the software? Directly from Roxio, from a store, or from something like e-bay? If you got it from e-bay, you may have been tricked into buying a non-functional piece of software. Contact that seller.

BTW the way that was a free version that probably came with a Dell computer.

What operating system do you have XP or Vista' 32 or 64?

I bought the software from Roxio off their internet site a few days ago. I tried loading it up with nothing else running and after defrag etc......still no use .

I'm running Vista home on my laptop.

Any help appreciated. I'm a bit surprised that the software I purchased is a Free version. I paid for mine.

I bought the software from Roxio off their internet site a few days ago. I tried loading it up with nothing else running and after defrag etc......still no use .

I'm running Vista home on my laptop.

Any help appreciated. I'm a bit surprised that the software I purchased is a Free version. I paid for mine.

When you buy software, it is wise to check the system requirements.

The system requirements that I find for Sonic Cineplayer clearly state "WinXP", as well as some info that it may be playable on older systems.

If something works with WinXP, that DOES NOT meain it will play with Vista.

Maybe time to get a refund?

Lynn

If the OP went to the Sonic site then Cineplayer 3.2 might be right but the OP said it was purchased off the Roxio web site which is version 3.9.1. Clearly the Sonic and Roxio web sites are not in sync. I am not sure why version 5 is not available since it is bundled with Creator 2009.

Archived