Toast 10 Pro Installation

tmaddern

Question

I purchased the boxed version of Toast 10 Pro which came with 3 files;

Toast_10_Titanium_Pro_100_ESD.dmg

Sonicfire Pro Bonus Audio Tracks.dmg

Serial key.txt

My MacPro (OS X 10.5.6; 4 gig RAM; 2tB hard drive) cannot open the Toast 10 file and returns the message "not recognized". The audio tracks file opens OK. I have tried repairing the Toast 10 file with Disk Utility to no avail.

I would appreciate any helpful suggestions.

6 answers to this question

Have you tried copying the .dmg file from the disc to your hard drive and mounting it there? It sounds like you may have a defective disc and need to get it replaced.

Thank you for the input. Yes, I have transferred it to the hard drive but still get the file not recognized message.

From previous posts it appears that the disc contains the download version

Thank you for the input. Yes, I have transferred it to the hard drive but still get the file not recognized message.

From previous posts it appears that the disc contains the download version

I have the same problem. Wrote a mail to Roxio and asked to send me a new DVD. Answer: just phone INSIDE SALES in the US.

Wrote some other e-mails, did not get an answer. I registered Toast 5, 6, 7 and 8, so I'm a real Toast-user and therefore I do expect

a better support from Roxio. A shame now.

Similar problem:

I bought Toast Pro and installed it fine.

Then I got a message that the update was available.

I installed the update, and it says that it cannot continue because I do not have sufficient privileges!

All the installed apps in the Toast folder are gone.

I'm the only user on this computer.

What next?

I have the same problem. Wrote a mail to Roxio and asked to send me a new DVD. Answer: just phone INSIDE SALES in the US.

Wrote some other e-mails, did not get an answer. I registered Toast 5, 6, 7 and 8, so I'm a real Toast-user and therefore I do expect

a better support from Roxio. A shame now.

You don't need the install disc now that Roxio has released the 10.0.1 update. Everything on the install disc except the Getting Started Guide is in the update download. You still need the registration key from the disc. The Getting Started Guide probably can be copied over from your disc. You can also read it by choosing Toast Help even without copying it from the disc.

The above only applies to the standard edition. There is no update download for the applications and plug in from the Pro edition.

Similar problem:

I bought Toast Pro and installed it fine.

Then I got a message that the update was available.

I installed the update, and it says that it cannot continue because I do not have sufficient privileges!

All the installed apps in the Toast folder are gone.

I'm the only user on this computer.

What next?

Delete the old Toast 10 folder and copy over the new one.

Archived