Split Video Clip Rotation?

MrsESS

Question

I am putting together some video clips using VideoWave. My husband likes to rotate the camera while he films, which is causing a major headache for me in putting everything together. I have been using this advice I found on the forum...

"Only video on the overlay can be rotated. For that particular clip, place a color panel on the main track and then palce the video to be rotated on the overlay track. Click VIEW / SETTINGS to rotate."

My question is....I have a clip that I split (1/2 needed to be rotated). How do I take the split portion and move it to an overlay so that I can rotate it? I have searched and can't find this situation in the forum, I have tried to save just the clip so I could add it in as an overlay....I can't find how to do this at all. Any help is greatly appreciated....I don't want half my daughters preschool recital to be sideways!

8 answers to this question

I am putting together some video clips using VideoWave. My husband likes to rotate the camera while he films, which is causing a major headache for me in putting everything together. I have been using this advice I found on the forum...

"Only video on the overlay can be rotated. For that particular clip, place a color panel on the main track and then palce the video to be rotated on the overlay track. Click VIEW / SETTINGS to rotate."

My question is....I have a clip that I split (1/2 needed to be rotated). How do I take the split portion and move it to an overlay so that I can rotate it? I have searched and can't find this situation in the forum, I have tried to save just the clip so I could add it in as an overlay....I can't find how to do this at all. Any help is greatly appreciated....I don't want half my daughters preschool recital to be sideways!

Using "Output/Export As" output the half you want to rotate as an avi (or mpeg2, DVD best quality) file. To do this delete the clip segment you don't want to rotate then do the output. When you are asked to save your production give it a new filename (this is not the same as Output) in case you want to make some other changes later. Your original project will not be affected.

You are welcome ... and tell your husband "not to rotate" :lol:

Another way of doing it (if there are several sections) is to put the entire clip in as an overlay, split it, and rotate the parts that need rotated.

Lots of ways to get to the same point ! :D

Another way of doing it (if there are several sections) is to put the entire clip in as an overlay, split it, and rotate the parts that need rotated.

Lots of ways to get to the same point ! :D

Your way is actually much better, Steve, since there is no encoding involved at this stage.

Note:

She re-posted here.

Update:

The link I cited is gone .... :unsure:

Archived