johnedward

8876017c Error While Encoding

Question

4 answers to this question

When creating a slide show from photos it's all ok until I try to burn a dvd I then get the 8876017c error while encoding message.

Not much to work with - Do it in VideoWave and burn it in MyDVD.

I got this error on Roxio 2011 and found that using VideoWave solved the output problem, but I could not get the same output format as with MyDVD. After experimenting, I found I could burn the original project without error if I launched MyDVD direct from the start menu, instead of using the Creator shell.

Edited by AFH

I got this error on Roxio 2011 and found that using VideoWave solved the output problem, but I could not get the same output format as with MyDVD. After experimenting, I found I could burn the original project without error if I launched MyDVD direct from the start menu, instead of using the Creator shell.

Thanks for the information. Did you notice that the thread was from 2009 - about 4 years ago :o;)

Yes, I noticed, but it was the only reference I could find to that particular error code, and the problem still exists in later editions of the software. I have only just encountered it, as it is the first time I have used Roxio to build a DVD.